Groups

Does anyone in Lincoln want a crazy new job?

"The town crier in Lincoln is retiring after 14 years of service, and the city is looking for a new voice."

Ah, I kid you not!!
    news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

"The town crier is paid for official events that he is asked to attend where the sheriff and the mayor are present, for which he has to don the official 18th Century uniform.

Mr Stubbings also does charity work and hires out his services for private events, such as lectures on the history of the town crier.

He added that the town crier has to be a people person, confident, able to use the English language well and have a good voice."

14 Comments

Original Poster

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

I secretly believe that this would be quite good fun.

Mr Stubbings said he enjoyed meeting people and going places

I'm pretty sure going places became part of the Thomas Cook Group PLC late last year.

Pretty sad to like travel agents.

I think we've found the dream job for ryouga.

Original Poster

emasu;2584180

I'm pretty sure going places became part of the Thomas Cook Group PLC … I'm pretty sure going places became part of the Thomas Cook Group PLC late last year.Pretty sad to like travel agents.

Worst. Joke. Ever.

We have a female town crier here, she has had the job for quite a few years.

I think women are better suited to the constant yelling :roll:

Original Poster

fireheaven;2584228

We have a female town crier here, she has had the job for quite a few … We have a female town crier here, she has had the job for quite a few years.I think women are better suited to the constant yelling :roll:

We had a Town Criers COMPETITION in Blackpool last weekend. :-D

There's two local to here, but not one for my home town. Might have to request the position be created.

Do you like creating new positions?

oh yay, today is my last day.

duckmagicuk2;2584261

We had a Town Criers COMPETITION in Blackpool last weekend. :-DThere's … We had a Town Criers COMPETITION in Blackpool last weekend. :-DThere's two local to here, but not one for my home town. Might have to request the position be created.

Would you apply??

Wow didnt realise he was retiring, used to seeing him round the town centre alot!

Original Poster

emasu;2584290

Do you like creating new positions?

Yes. With your ]girlfriend. Although I have to let some air out so that she's more flexible.

([SIZE="1"]Just havin a laugh Emasu. Serves ya right for being pedantic.[/SIZE] :-D )

duckmagicuk2;2584404

Yes. With your ]girlfriend. Although I have to let some air out so that … Yes. With your ]girlfriend. Although I have to let some air out so that she's more flexible.([SIZE=1]Just havin a laugh Emasu. Serves ya right for being pedantic.[/SIZE] :-D )

http://th22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/Beatlesholic/smileysbyme/th_grness.jpg

Original Poster

emasu;2584534

Give me some credit, it was pretty quick.

duckmagicuk2;2584563

Give me some credit

I wouldn't advise it, a recession is around the corner.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846339
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764645
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4131829
      4. Sonos says let us spy or your stereo will not work44

See more discussions