Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Does anyone know

Posted 25th Mar
Does anyone know if as a couple we can go out in the car together But only one of us actually go into the shop to shop. Is that al
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Azwipe25/03/2020 13:02

Of course you can drive round with your family in your car. People should …Of course you can drive round with your family in your car. People should stop telling people what to do, not everyone is happy to stay confined indoors.

It's not 'people' telling others what to do, this is government advice to only go out if absolutely necessary, which doesn't include going out for a leisurely drive.

I'm sure none of us are happy to be forced to stay indoors but unfortunately that is the instruction given at this moment in time and should be followed. People like you wanting to flout the direction are the ones that should pipe down a little and not encourage people to go out and do as they please, this is what is spreading the virus.

Of course you can drive round with your family in your car. People should …Of course you can drive round with your family in your car. People should stop telling people what to do, not everyone is happy to stay confined indoors.

Wow, not sure if I should laugh at your comment or just hold my head in despair.

But having a read of other comments of yours on the matter I'm not in the slightest surprised.
24 Comments
People in the same household can go out together for exercise or to get essentials but not for just a drive. So if it's for shopping that's ok.
Edited by: "RoseBiscuit" 25th Mar
RoseBiscuit25/03/2020 08:26

People in the same household can go out together for exercise or to get …People in the same household can go out together for exercise or to get essentials but not for just a drive. So if it's for shipping that's ok.

But only two at a time
ashmac25/03/2020 08:56

But only two at a time

I think obviously if you have kids and can't leave them at home that's ok to be more than two
ashmac25/03/2020 08:56

But only two at a time

Wrong...

”3. STOPPING PUBLIC GATHERINGS
To make sure people are staying at home and apart from each other, the Government is also stopping all
public gatherings of more than two people. There are only two exceptions to this rule:
● where the gathering is of a group of people who live together - this means that a parent can, for example, take their children to the shops if there is no option to leave them at home.
Why would you do that? What's the point if you're just gonna sit in the car, just stay home
RoseBiscuit25/03/2020 09:09

I think obviously if you have kids and can't leave them at home that's ok …I think obviously if you have kids and can't leave them at home that's ok to be more than two

Wouldn't one of you stay back to stay at home with the kids and one go out to do the shopping rather than all four of you going out? The whole point of the lockdown is that they want as few people going out as possibly and only when it is essential to do so.
it doesn't make sense why you as a couple have to go together to the shop unless you are looking at getting the maximum items per person so you both go into the shop?

as far as i understand, members of the same family can go out shopping together for now.
The ride out is just that literally be a passenger in the car to just see life. Not going to mix with anyone Husband go and shop. I’m disabled so just appreciate different views i.
Hepybaby25/03/2020 11:15

The ride out is just that literally be a passenger in the car to just see …The ride out is just that literally be a passenger in the car to just see life. Not going to mix with anyone Husband go and shop. I’m disabled so just appreciate different views i.

Families are allowed out together as long as they are the same household. If you stay in the car, then it is kind of like still being in your own, mobile house.
Consider that your partner won’t wash their hands till they get home. So any surfaces they touch in the car could be contaminated. Then you have to ensure you keep hands away from face, etc.
It is tough but it might be worth holding out a few days more. If you need to get out, you want to make it as rare as possible.

The ride out is just that literally be a passenger in the car to just see …The ride out is just that literally be a passenger in the car to just see life. Not going to mix with anyone Husband go and shop. I’m disabled so just appreciate different views i.

Honestly just stay at home, maybe watch a good wildlife or travel documentary. There will be plenty of time to go out and see things when the situation improves whenever lockdown measures are lifted. We’ve been told to stay at home unless we have to go on essential journeys, why try and go against that by trying to find ways around it?
Of course you can drive round with your family in your car. People should stop telling people what to do, not everyone is happy to stay confined indoors.

It's not 'people' telling others what to do, this is government advice to only go out if absolutely necessary, which doesn't include going out for a leisurely drive.

I'm sure none of us are happy to be forced to stay indoors but unfortunately that is the instruction given at this moment in time and should be followed. People like you wanting to flout the direction are the ones that should pipe down a little and not encourage people to go out and do as they please, this is what is spreading the virus.

as already said, there is no rule against this at the moment but as others have said, we don't want to encourage people to be taking scenic tours to the supermarket! the idea is that people should go out as little as possible and only if absolutely necessary so unless you really need to go with your husband to the supermarket, you shouldn't do so.

you are already allowed out for exercise once a day anyway so that is the time that you and your husband should be going out together for exercise.

No you can’t, essential journeys only!
You cannot just go for a drive for the fun of it,
Your country needs you, don’t be a ****
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 25th Mar
I would say that it is fine as long long as you stay in the car, keep the windows wound up, and wash your hands when you get back.

It might go against the guidelines but it complies with their intentions namely, don't get within exhaled droplet or coughing distance of anyone you don't live with. You should also avoid touching stuff you don't need to touch (pull down your sleeves and use them to open doors etc.). If you are out shopping i.e. no examining goods to see what the sell by date is then putting them back.
Edited by: "fablanta" 26th Mar
Copied from elsewhere:

Of course you can ... not everyone is happy to stay confined indoors.

The implication here is: if you're not happy about it, don't do it. Really!?! It's not all about you, you know...
Edited by: "Lymmit" 26th Mar

Wow, not sure if I should laugh at your comment or just hold my head in despair.

But having a read of other comments of yours on the matter I'm not in the slightest surprised.
...and someone else actually 'liked' his comment!
fablanta26/03/2020 14:42

I would say that it is fine as long long as you stay in the car, keep the …I would say that it is fine as long long as you stay in the car, keep the windows wound up, and wash your hands when you get back.It might go against the guidelines but it complies with their intentions namely, don't get within exhaled droplet or coughing distance of anyone you don't live with. You should also avoid touching stuff you don't need to touch (pull down your sleeves and use them to open doors etc.). If you are out shopping i.e. no examining goods to see what the sell by date is then putting them back.

Non essential journey, police roadblocks are being setup in North Yorkshire .. just stick to the rules and freedom will come earlier
whatyadoinsucka26/03/2020 17:06

Non essential journey, police roadblocks are being setup in North …Non essential journey, police roadblocks are being setup in North Yorkshire .. just stick to the rules and freedom will come earlier

One of them is shopping so that makes it an essential journey. The other is just along for the ride and staying in the car (so not mixing with others). Tell me, how does staying in the car affect the situation?

Following the rules is generally a good thing but it is not always the sensible thing to do. Sometimes you just have to think for yourself. For example let's take essential shopping. Apart from toilet paper, which one item is essential? If you go out for toilet paper and don't find any, have you made a non-essential journey? Will them being stopped by the police increase or decrease the chance of passing on the virus?
fablanta26/03/2020 23:00

One of them is shopping so that makes it an essential journey. The other …One of them is shopping so that makes it an essential journey. The other is just along for the ride and staying in the car (so not mixing with others). Tell me, how does staying in the car affect the situation? Following the rules is generally a good thing but it is not always the sensible thing to do. Sometimes you just have to think for yourself. For example let's take essential shopping. Apart from toilet paper, which one item is essential? If you go out for toilet paper and don't find any, have you made a non-essential journey? Will them being stopped by the police increase or decrease the chance of passing on the virus?

Rule number 1 don’t be a dick, azwipe just by his name is breaking this rule, he asked about having a drive around in his car with the family, no mention of a trip to the supermarket, hence it’s not essential ..

Why do people have to try and bend the rules, it’s people exactly like azwipe that this corona virus can potentially spread like wildfire ..

In terms of passing on the virus those in denial and idiots are most likely to pass on this virus alongside those in the NHS dealing with the outbreak ..
Edited by: "whatyadoinsucka" 26th Mar
whatyadoinsucka26/03/2020 23:11

Rule number 1 don’t be a dick, azwipe just by his name is breaking this r …Rule number 1 don’t be a dick, azwipe just by his name is breaking this rule, he asked about having a drive around in his car with the family, no mention of a trip to the supermarket, hence it’s not essential .. Why do people have to try and bend the rules, it’s people exactly like azwipe that this corona virus can potentially spread like wildfire ..In terms of passing on the virus those in denial and idiots are most likely to pass on this virus alongside those in the NHS dealing with the outbreak ..

I was actually replying to the original message in this thread.

People should stop telling people what to do, not everyone is happy to …People should stop telling people what to do, not everyone is happy to stay confined indoors.

Appropriate username
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants