Groups

Does anyone know

If i mix milk with porridge (eg ready brek) and do not heat it up how long will it keep in the fridge???

Strange question i know but maybe someone will know...

Thanks

11 Comments

If it was sealed, I see no reason why it shouldn't go bad until after the milks best before date. (ish)

Banned

I think it hardens, but give it a try and see, the oats will soak the milk up whether cold or hot

depends on which type of milk you use...full cream, semi-skimmed, skimmed, UHT.....

Original Poster

semi-skimmed, all i want to do is mix my ready brek the night before and take it to work with me the next morning as i really can't eat straight away when i get up and i'm to lazy to get up earlier...

I think the milk would soften the oats... Ive never tried it tho babe xxx

kelly1987;6221691

semi-skimmed, all i want to do is mix my ready brek the night before and … semi-skimmed, all i want to do is mix my ready brek the night before and take it to work with me the next morning as i really can't eat straight away when i get up and i'm to lazy to get up earlier...

You may find it to be a little on the saturated side but yes, I would see why it wouldnt be fine doing what you have explained above.

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6221726

You may find it to be a little on the saturated side but yes, I would see … You may find it to be a little on the saturated side but yes, I would see why it wouldnt be fine doing what you have explained above.

thanx :thumbsup:

Put yer oats in a sealed box and take a pint/flask of milk to work.

kelly1987;6221691

semi-skimmed, all i want to do is mix my ready brek the night before and … semi-skimmed, all i want to do is mix my ready brek the night before and take it to work with me the next morning as i really can't eat straight away when i get up and i'm to lazy to get up earlier...

I always get mine ready the night before (real porrige oats) put milk/water, oats and salt in microwave tub and cover then when i get up just put in the microwave and cook eat when its cooled down no problems tastes fine

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6221901

Put yer oats in a sealed box and take a pint/flask of milk to work.

People at work would drink my milk :x

kelly1987;6222231

People at work would drink my milk :x

Put a note on it.

Touch my milk I toe yer baws.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1932
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941347
      3. love affairs1756
      4. Charles Wilson Voucher11

See more discussions