Groups

does anyone know a home insurance that includes water damage as my current insurer doesnt

i am with the halifax at the moment and found out the other day i am not insure if the boiler in the loft leaks.

10 Comments

Banned

your boiler is in the loft? how odd.

most insurers cover water damage

Probably means water tank. Although there was something a while ago about a child dying as the water tank got too hot and melted sending boiling water into the bedroom.

So does that mean that you are covered? Is it just boiler leaks that are excluded or any water leak from the loft? It's very common to have tanks in the loft, my boiler and hot water tank are up there too, I've not checked my insurance, just assumed it's covered.

Our Combi Boiler in the bathroom leaked earlier this year and left a huge hole in the kitchen ceiling....I have Sainsubury's Home Ins (underwritten by Halifax!), they wouldn't pay out to stop the leak (ie fix the combi) but they sorted all the damage out - hole & walls etc

Legal and General do, they paid out 20K when I left my bath running for 6 hours. Not my brightest moment, but thankfully they paid in full without any fuss or hassle.

Banned

xsazzyjayx;5634894

Our Combi Boiler in the bathroom leaked earlier this year and left a huge … Our Combi Boiler in the bathroom leaked earlier this year and left a huge hole in the kitchen ceiling....I have Sainsubury's Home Ins (underwritten by Halifax!), they wouldn't pay out to stop the leak (ie fix the combi) but they sorted all the damage out - hole & walls etc

thats how it works. only pays out for damage caused, not the underlying problem.

I had a small bathroom leak and got my whole kitchen re-plastered and new worktops and sink, lighting etc etc.

well chuffed!

csiman;5634937

thats how it works. only pays out for damage caused, not the underlying … thats how it works. only pays out for damage caused, not the underlying problem.I had a small bathroom leak and got my whole kitchen re-plastered and new worktops and sink, lighting etc etc. well chuffed!

Our kitchen is huge - the damage was confined to the left hand corner - I couldn't really try it on to get a new kitchen - I'm too honest!

Overall, i was pretty pleased with the service (even if the builders did have to come back and do the paintwork properly!).

I just thought I'd explain what happened to me since Sainsbury's are underwritten by Halifax :thumbsup:

Banned

xsazzyjayx;5634981

Our kitchen is huge - the damage was confined to the left hand corner - I … Our kitchen is huge - the damage was confined to the left hand corner - I couldn't really try it on to get a new kitchen - I'm too honest!Overall, i was pretty pleased with the service (even if the builders did have to come back and do the paintwork properly!).I just thought I'd explain what happened to me since Sainsbury's are underwritten by Halifax :thumbsup:

my kitchen is 20ft by 12ft and leak was just in one corner and down wall.

Got a mate to quote for repair of £1200 and then another proper plasterer said he'd do the whole kitchen re-plastering, worktops, new halogen lighting, sink fitting and tiling for £1000

Insurer said fine, go ahead.

Banned

garbage456;5637170

i am with the halifax and was not covered for the leak

very poor cover by hfx.

most insurers cover this. its an essential part of home insurance so am surprised hfx dont cover it.

I assume you have located the clause that gets them out of paying out.

Banned

garbage456;5646293

it was done over the phone,

yes but they must have sent you the terms of the insurance.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best 40 inch TV for £30056
      2. Biscuit addiction1231
      3. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      4. Easyjet - book now or wait?813

See more discussions