Groups

Does anyone know any voucher codes/discounts for the Eden Project please.

We(4 pensioners) are holidaying down south for 10 days from 20th Oct and would like to visit places of interest in Devon/Cornwall.
    Can you suggest places & any discounts to help us please?

Many thanks in anticipation.

17 Comments

Supermod

Have you visited Devon and Cornwall before? I'll put some suggestions together but if you've been before you might have already done a few things.

As for Eden Project, they offer discount to locals which you obviously aren't. You save 10% online with advance booking and you'll get a cheaper rate as a senior. Think you save a little bit more by going after 3:30pm but its not much of a saving compared to the 10% online advance rate.

Devon and Cornwall covers a rather large area, where are you staying?

Trago Mills - Liskeard branch. Shopping and cheap tat!
    Minack Theatre.
    National Trust - Lanhydrock, Cotehele.
    Beaches.
    The Lost Gardens of Heligan.
    St Michaels Mount.

I don't rate the Eden Project much but if you haven't been it's worth the tick in the box.

Plymouth Hoe and Barbican (boat ride)
    RHS Rosemoor Gardens
    Lydford Gorge.
    South Devon Railway
    Exeter Cathedral.

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Have you visited Devon and Cornwall before? I'll put some suggestions … Have you visited Devon and Cornwall before? I'll put some suggestions together but if you've been before you might have already done a few things. As for Eden Project, they offer discount to locals which you obviously aren't. You save 10% online with advance booking and you'll get a cheaper rate as a senior. Think you save a little bit more by going after 3:30pm but its not much of a saving compared to the 10% online advance rate.

That is very kind of you and we will much appreciate anything that can find us.Yes but many years ago.

Original Poster

windym

Devon and Cornwall covers a rather large area, where are you … Devon and Cornwall covers a rather large area, where are you staying?Trago Mills - Liskeard branch. Shopping and cheap tat!Minack Theatre.National Trust - Lanhydrock, Cotehele. Beaches.The Lost Gardens of Heligan.St Michaels Mount.I don't rate the Eden Project much but if you haven't been it's worth the tick in the box.Plymouth Hoe and Barbican (boat ride)RHS Rosemoor GardensLydford Gorge.South Devon RailwayExeter Cathedral.

Many thanks but Trago Mills and ALL similar places (clothes shopping etc) is purgatory to most men.
    The others I will look into.

Original Poster

P.S we are not averse to free attractions.

Cheapest way to get into the Eden Project is through Buyagift; they do the best price guarantee and there are Buyagift discount codes as well throughout the year, usually after children go back to school so some new ones should pop up soon if you can wait. That's what we did last year.

https://www.buyagift.co.uk/days-out/hobbies/adult-entrance-to-the-eden-project-br-1189413.aspx

Plus you get 12.6% Topcashback on a Buyagift spend

Original Poster

Many thanks.
    From memory if you buy tickets direct OAPs are only £20 0n the door but £23.50 through the link.

Original Poster

magicjay1986

Have you visited Devon and Cornwall before? I'll put some suggestions … Have you visited Devon and Cornwall before? I'll put some suggestions together but if you've been before you might have already done a few things. As for Eden Project, they offer discount to locals which you obviously aren't. You save 10% online with advance booking and you'll get a cheaper rate as a senior. Think you save a little bit more by going after 3:30pm but its not much of a saving compared to the 10% online advance rate.

Thanks. We hope there is enough to do for a full day.

Do you know anyone with a Gardeners World 2for1 card, you can use it at Eden

Original Poster

postmang

Do you know anyone with a Gardeners World 2for1 card, you can use it at … Do you know anyone with a Gardeners World 2for1 card, you can use it at Eden

Thanks but no, I wish I did.

Call the local tourist information centre. Usually they have leaflets with discount vouchers for local attractions and will pop them in the post to you.
    You can also chat with them about places to go, things to see etc.

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Call the local tourist information centre. Usually they have leaflets … Call the local tourist information centre. Usually they have leaflets with discount vouchers for local attractions and will pop them in the post to you. You can also chat with them about places to go, things to see etc.

Thanks, I am just doing this.

We went to the Eden Project using Tesco clubcard vouchers. £4.50 in vouchers. Could this be an option for you?
    As mentioned above we thought the Minack Theatre was great (wear warm clothes!) also the Porthcurno beach next to it (whales spotted on the say we visited).

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Call the local tourist information centre. Usually they have leaflets … Call the local tourist information centre. Usually they have leaflets with discount vouchers for local attractions and will pop them in the post to you. You can also chat with them about places to go, things to see etc.

Thanks,I did that this morning.

Original Poster

LJM

We went to the Eden Project using Tesco clubcard vouchers. 5.34€ (£4.50) i … We went to the Eden Project using Tesco clubcard vouchers. 5.34€ (£4.50) in vouchers. Could this be an option for you? As mentioned above we thought the Minack Theatre was great (wear warm clothes!) also the Porthcurno beach next to it (whales spotted on the say we visited).

LJM

We went to the Eden Project using Tesco clubcard vouchers. 5.34€ (£4.50) i … We went to the Eden Project using Tesco clubcard vouchers. 5.34€ (£4.50) in vouchers. Could this be an option for you? As mentioned above we thought the Minack Theatre was great (wear warm clothes!) also the Porthcurno beach next to it (whales spotted on the say we visited).

I am usually an Aldi/Lidl type shopper so rarely buy a lot at the big 4.

One thing that is the same in most supermarkets is loose bananas @ 68p per KG.
    Except Co-op,Waitrose etc.

Original Poster

LJM

Sorry - just trying to help!

Many thanks to all offers of help.I/we are very grateful.

Original Poster

LJM

Will try Porthcurno beach,right up our street.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hi Wonder if anyone can help...I urgently need to buy a laptop today , up t…57
      2. Quad-core laptop under £470?21
      3. Fitbit HR310
      4. What engine oil do i need for a 2007 Skoda Fabia (Mark 1) 1.9 turbo diesel …67

See more discussions