Groups

Does anyone know anything about Sky HD Boxes/Happened to them?

Having a right nightmare with mine at the moment....

Every few days the tv keeps going fuzzy (just for Sky nothing else)

Now husband just tells me that since getting it, it has been intermittently transmitting through HDMI, but more often that not has had to be output via Scart.

I have checked the Sky website and it seems that the box is one of the version numbers affected (even thought they're saying newly issued boxes are fine?)

Have rang Sky and it's difficult to get answers from them, although they will send an engineer out next week.

But just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

4 Comments

Banned

Just sounds like you have a faulty box. The sky installer will likely just replace it. (They are NOT engineers btw - despite what sky call them!)

Original Poster

guv;5311306

Just sounds like you have a faulty box. The sky installer will likely … Just sounds like you have a faulty box. The sky installer will likely just replace it. (They are NOT engineers btw - despite what sky call them!)

I thought as much! I tried explaining this to the guy on the phone but said they'd charge for a new box, so sending their 'engineer' instead. Daft paying the extra tenner a month to get a nomal sky box just in a different colour.

Banned

xsazzyjayx;5311338

I thought as much! I tried explaining this to the guy on the phone but … I thought as much! I tried explaining this to the guy on the phone but said they'd charge for a new box, so sending their 'engineer' instead. Daft paying the extra tenner a month to get a nomal sky box just in a different colour.Thanks:thumbsup:

I said that assuming it was under warrenty and still in a 12 month contract. If its not, then they will charge!

Original Poster

guv;5311356

I said that assuming it was under warrenty and still in a 12 month … I said that assuming it was under warrenty and still in a 12 month contract. If its not, then they will charge!

I only got it in March :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 111316
      2. Just an thought regarding Paypal1110
      3. Need help with buying a 4K TV for gaming511
      4. Any have any gearbest codes ASAP/advice on where to buy Xiaomi phone?67

See more discussions