Groups

Does anyone know anything about this site (or used it)

syoma.com/

They claim to sell software cheap. but make it downloadable rather than selling it as a hardware based copy.

I cant find too much about it (good or bad)

9 Comments

syoma.com/

Another cheap and nasty looking site!

Registrant: Boris Hinstein Kalinina str 3-15 Minsk, Minsk 220124 … Registrant: Boris Hinstein Kalinina str 3-15 Minsk, Minsk 220124 Belarus Domain Name: SYOMA.COM Created on: 27-Oct-00 Expires on: 27-Oct-09 Last Updated on: 30-Oct-08 Administrative Contact: Hinstein, Boris =8335ee063eea0fd442ee7613bf2a53d0"][IMG]http://source.domaintools.com/email.pgif?md5=8335ee063eea0fd442ee7613bf2a53d0&face=Atomic_Clock_Radio&size=7&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Trebuchet&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent[/IMG] Kalinina str 3-15 Minsk, Minsk 220124 Belarus 375297504299 Fax -- Technical Contact: Hinstein, Boris =8335ee063eea0fd442ee7613bf2a53d0"][IMG]http://source.domaintools.com/email.pgif?md5=8335ee063eea0fd442ee7613bf2a53d0&face=Atomic_Clock_Radio&size=7&color=000000&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=transparent&face=Trebuchet&size=9&color=0000FF&bgcolor=FFFFFF&format[]=underline&format[]=transparent[/IMG] Kalinina str 3-15 Minsk, Minsk 220124 Belarus 375297504299 Fax -- Domain servers in listed order: NS31.OLA.BZ NS32.OLA.BZ

If you're going to download it then you may as well do it for free ;-)

Original Poster

its very odd.

Is there anywhere I can report this ? or at least get it checked up ?

charvelj;4461159

its very odd. Is there anywhere I can report this ? or at least get it … its very odd. Is there anywhere I can report this ? or at least get it checked up ?

If in any doubt then you can always report to Adobe etc direct.

Yet another pirate / stolen / cracked software site.
    Avoid.

Original Poster

so what these guys have done is basically downloaded from torrent/news servers - installed and checked it, then re selling it on with serials ?

charvelj;4461181

so what these guys have done is basically downloaded from torrent/news … so what these guys have done is basically downloaded from torrent/news servers - installed and checked it, then re selling it on with serials ?

They probably steal your credit card details as well and sell them on to somebody else.

And if the software they sell WAS downloaded from limewire or torrent sites it may well have viruses and spyware included in it.

You have to laugh when you read this on their web site:
    "We work closely with hundreds of dealers and distributors, choosing the best prices around for you".

Original Poster

I've emailed my favourite software companies and told them about the site hopefully they will put these fraudsters in their place.

Banned

considering this

May comes with:- Additional (included with the package) serial code … May comes with:- Additional (included with the package) serial code generators, or- Additional EXE file substitues (included with the package), or- No additional tools; the software is simply installed and run.

i would have thought it was pretty obviously pirate software!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846246
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1640
      3. LG Watch Style worth buying for £75?22
      4. O2 priority £1 lunch to end for good22

See more discussions