Does anyone know how England fared against Tunisia

Found 19th Jun
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
delusion6 m ago

VAR was the real loser.

The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at all. It could be quickly sorted out by giving each team one 'appeal' or a request for the incident to be looked at. If it's a frivolous appeal, that's your one gone. If it's successful then they obviously made an error or missed something, and you get to keep your appeal. Exactly the same as cricket and tennis. It works for them, why wouldn't it work for football?
Edited by: "deeky" 19th Jun
England won
39 Comments
deleted396333
Nope, nobody.
England won
Predikuesi32 m ago

England 2 - Tunisia 0

*Sky Sports 2 - Tunisia 0
Tunisia ⚽ England ⚽⚽.
7-1 to Tunisia. Scrappy game with no much to talk about
Think a couple of Russians watched it , I'll try to track them down for you
STRICKIBHOY1 h, 50 m ago

7-1 to Tunisia. Scrappy game with no much to talk about

The consolation goal was decent though, good link up play between Charlton and Shearer leading up to Finney's goal. The Tunisian keeper Lenin didn't stand a chance with that one but 5 goals from their man of the match Presley and 1 each from Spock and Vader meant it was in vain.
2-1 England. 1st half England where well in control but started lagging in the 2nd half. Over all not a bad match.
Nah missed it went out for dinner and a drive. Roads were lovely and quiet, when is the next match on, I will do the same again.
VAR was the real loser.
delusion6 m ago

VAR was the real loser.

The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at all. It could be quickly sorted out by giving each team one 'appeal' or a request for the incident to be looked at. If it's a frivolous appeal, that's your one gone. If it's successful then they obviously made an error or missed something, and you get to keep your appeal. Exactly the same as cricket and tennis. It works for them, why wouldn't it work for football?
Edited by: "deeky" 19th Jun
I thought England played well apart from not putting the ball in the net enough of the time.

I wonder why the ref didn't give Kane a penalty, they even did a check I believe and still no??? , twice he was Rugby tackled in the box where as France got one for the same against Australia.
deeky1 h, 34 m ago

The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at …The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at all. It could be quickly sorted out by giving each team one 'appeal' or a request for the incident to be looked at. If it's a frivolous appeal, that's your one gone. If it's successful then they obviously made an error or missed something, and you get to keep your appeal. Exactly the same as cricket and tennis. It works for them, why wouldn't it work for football?

Both cricket and tennis have natural breaks in play where those appeals can be made without messing with the flow of the game wheras football doesn't. There is also the question of who wouod be able to appeal. The manager wouldn't have a good enough view of events to be able to challenge a decision, so that means the players would have to make the appeal. The same players who can't be trusted enough to play fairly and by the rules to the extent that VAR has had to be introduced. It would be abused, without doubt.
Edited by: "RossD89" 19th Jun
The score could have been much different if England had been given penalties for the three times Harry Kane was wrestled to the ground. Unbelievable that neither the biased ref nor any of the linesman spotted these incidents. VAR wasn't a lot of use last night.
deleted1315437
Subs made a difference in the end. Rashford and Loftus - Cheek. Walker did great. Kane is obviously Kane! Well done for the win. However I still feel England need to step it up! Struggling against Tunisia is not a good thing! But then again Portugal, Spain, Brazil and even Germany have not won their opening games but we have so that's a positive!
deeky2 h, 7 m ago

The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at …The Harry Kane incidents were pathetic. Pointless having the system at all. It could be quickly sorted out by giving each team one 'appeal' or a request for the incident to be looked at. If it's a frivolous appeal, that's your one gone. If it's successful then they obviously made an error or missed something, and you get to keep your appeal. Exactly the same as cricket and tennis. It works for them, why wouldn't it work for football?

They have that rule in Ice Hockey too.

They have another rule that penalises 'Embellishment'. In football that would mean the player that goes down too easily (like a sack of potatoes) would be punished also (Yellow Card?), despite being awarded the free kick/penalty. In this current World Cup there would be very few players left on the pitch though. Appalling amount of diving and play acting so far.
RossD8954 m ago

Both cricket and tennis have natural breaks in play where those appeals …Both cricket and tennis have natural breaks in play where those appeals can be made without messing with the flow of the game wheras football doesn't. There is also the question of who wouod be able to appeal. The manager wouldn't have a good enough view of events to be able to challenge a decision, so that means the players would have to make the appeal. The same players who can't be trusted enough to play fairly and by the rules to the extent that VAR has had to be introduced. It would be abused, without doubt.

It wouldn't be any different than it is now, with the VAR or referee deciding something needed looking at, except it would have to be the team captain who asked. I don't see how they could abuse it. Even so, they could only abuse it once, then lose their appeal if it was frivolous, so there wouldn't be much point.
deeky2 h, 32 m ago

No thanks we don't need time outs and the rest of that crap in football
Cr0m7 m ago

No thanks we don't need time outs and the rest of that crap in football

That's ok. If you'd rather have blatant penalties denied, despite there a system in place that's supposed to eliminate wrong decisions like that (in my opinion they were wrong) then you're entitled to that viewpoint.
deleted1431257
Watched it at work and on the way back home, England played well and looked like a threat, not as much lethargic passing square like in the friendlies. Downside is that Kane looks like he’s the only goalscoring threat, Lingard and Sterling are clearly not good enough in front of goal and the system needs to be changed to focus on goalscoring. Fortunately next up is Panama which should be like a training session so if Rashford and Vardy replace Lingard and Sterling it should result in a thrashing and qualification for the knockout stages.
deeky1 h, 59 m ago

That's ok. If you'd rather have blatant penalties denied, despite there a …That's ok. If you'd rather have blatant penalties denied, despite there a system in place that's supposed to eliminate wrong decisions like that (in my opinion they were wrong) then you're entitled to that viewpoint.

Oh sure, obviously I want legit penalties denied because I don't agree with your solution...
It would spoil the flow and how would it be decided, the VAR you say doesn't work?
Shouldn't bother with any of it, leave it to the refs, you get some decisions others you don't.
Cr0m52 m ago

Oh sure, obviously I want legit penalties denied because I don't agree …Oh sure, obviously I want legit penalties denied because I don't agree with your solution... It would spoil the flow and how would it be decided, the VAR you say doesn't work?Shouldn't bother with any of it, leave it to the refs, you get some decisions others you don't.

VAR does mostly work and reach the correct decision, when an incident is referred to VAR. The issue was that the incidents didn't even go to VAR. If they had done, they were clear cut. My solution was to enable a team to be able to get an incident referred to VAR.
england looked quite good - should have been about 26-0 or something though
deeky1 h, 10 m ago

VAR does mostly work and reach the correct decision, when an incident is …VAR does mostly work and reach the correct decision, when an incident is referred to VAR. The issue was that the incidents didn't even go to VAR. If they had done, they were clear cut. My solution was to enable a team to be able to get an incident referred to VAR.

I thought at least one of them did and it was still denied.
I heard earlier that the powers that be are looking at all the incidents with Kane, don't really understand why though... Maybe to inform/train the VAR people for future decision making... Dunno

Edit, I'm in favour of the technology
Edited by: "Joey.Bloggsy" 19th Jun
Joey.Bloggsy4 m ago

I thought at least one of them did and it was still denied.I heard earlier …I thought at least one of them did and it was still denied.I heard earlier that the powers that be are looking at all the incidents with Kane, don't really understand why though... Maybe to inform/train the VAR people for future decision making... DunnoEdit, I'm in favour of the technology

Perhaps Deeky's proposed solution would help ensure they are encouraged by people on the pitch (players) to actually review at the time rather than postmortem in the following days.
deeky7 h, 31 m ago

I love this idea good thinking deeky
larrylightweight15 m ago

I love this idea good thinking deeky

i mean VAR is a safety net - wrestling nonsense happened twice to Kane and after complaining about it surely the ref could have kept an eye on the shenanagins in the box and caught it on the second incident!
Edited by: "davewave" 19th Jun
deeky2 h, 26 m ago

VAR does mostly work and reach the correct decision, when an incident is …VAR does mostly work and reach the correct decision, when an incident is referred to VAR. The issue was that the incidents didn't even go to VAR. If they had done, they were clear cut. My solution was to enable a team to be able to get an incident referred to VAR.

Both Kane incidents were reviewed by the VAR team. I don't think you know how this works.
Cr0m9 m ago

Both Kane incidents were reviewed by the VAR team. I don't think you know …Both Kane incidents were reviewed by the VAR team. I don't think you know how this works.

Mate, go and annoy somebody else, eh? Tbh I was only trying to be polite in engaging with you. The truth is that I'm not in the least bit interested in anything you have got to say.
cainer119 m ago

surely it would have been easier for the OP to google search the result …surely it would have been easier for the OP to google search the result than creating this thread?

Yeah, I thought that too!
deeky6 h, 24 m ago

It wouldn't be any different than it is now, with the VAR or referee …It wouldn't be any different than it is now, with the VAR or referee deciding something needed looking at, except it would have to be the team captain who asked. I don't see how they could abuse it. Even so, they could only abuse it once, then lose their appeal if it was frivolous, so there wouldn't be much point.

If it could deny a goalscoring opportunity for the opponent then I have little doubt that the players would use the appeal to do so, just as they commit "professional" fouls now.

Ultimitely I just feel that the players should not have the authority to challenge referees.
RossD893 m ago

If it could deny a goalscoring opportunity for the opponent then I have …If it could deny a goalscoring opportunity for the opponent then I have little doubt that the players would use the appeal to do so, just as they commit "professional" fouls now. Ultimitely I just feel that the players should not have the authority to challenge referees.

I get what you are saying but it would be down to the referee to let the game run until a suitable time to allow the appeal. I just think that something should be done to eliminate as many miscarriages of justice as possible, if the technology is there to make it possible.
deeky1 m ago

I get what you are saying but it would be down to the referee to let the …I get what you are saying but it would be down to the referee to let the game run until a suitable time to allow the appeal. I just think that something should be done to eliminate as many miscarriages of justice as possible, if the technology is there to make it possible.

I agree.
deeky53 m ago

Mate, go and annoy somebody else, eh? Tbh I was only trying to be polite …Mate, go and annoy somebody else, eh? Tbh I was only trying to be polite in engaging with you. The truth is that I'm not in the least bit interested in anything you have got to say.

Bit rude but if that's your attitude to learning it explains a lot.
deeky27 m ago

I get what you are saying but it would be down to the referee to let the …I get what you are saying but it would be down to the referee to let the game run until a suitable time to allow the appeal. I just think that something should be done to eliminate as many miscarriages of justice as possible, if the technology is there to make it possible.

With the introduction of VAR there should be no miscarriages of justice. That there still is makes it a farce so I understand your argument. Clearly something has to be done.

I think that the rules need to be altered, rather than new ones introduced. Proper retrospective punishment - in game, for example - and harsher or more creative punishments for some offences when caught. For example: an attacker trying to cheat in the opposition area to win a penalty being caught out resulting in a penalty being awarded in the opposite penalty area.

Never going to happen, I know, but I reckon that would solve many of the current issues around VAR and cheating.
Edited by: "RossD89" 19th Jun
RossD8913 h, 5 m ago

With the introduction of VAR there should be no miscarriages of justice. …With the introduction of VAR there should be no miscarriages of justice. That there still is makes it a farce so I understand your argument. Clearly something has to be done.I think that the rules need to be altered, rather than new ones introduced. Proper retrospective punishment - in game, for example - and harsher or more creative punishments for some offences when caught. For example: an attacker trying to cheat in the opposition area to win a penalty being caught out resulting in a penalty being awarded in the opposite penalty area.Never going to happen, I know, but I reckon that would solve many of the current issues around VAR and cheating.

In a world cup knockout scenario (next stage), post game punishments would be less effective than tackling the issue in the game imo.
What football¿
Went for a nice walk wonderfully peaceful.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants