does anyone know how i can set my router up properly with talk talk

Posted 30th Dec 2019
i know there is two different channels, i think everything is clashing with each other in the airwaves lol.

never played with router settings before so any advice much appreciated.3377949-UyHg3.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

44 Comments
You’d really need to explain better what you want to do. Why do you think everything is clashing? Do you have some issues with devices connecting?
Looks fine to me, what's the issue? Devices will pick 2.4 or 5 GHz automatically depending on compatibility, you don't need to mess with anything.
It’s TalkTalk they are rubbish with multiple devices
Mine was all plug and play, no worries. I’ve nothing fancy other than using another old router as a bridge to extend the signal out to the garage but all worked easy.
Arto30/12/2019 20:36

No issues here with 10 devices on my network!
yeh poor download speeds i thought if you could change the channels or something?
could i buy a better router? or what change internet to bt lol? im paying 25 quid tho to talk talk virgin a nightmare round here
andybriggs0330/12/2019 20:47

yeh poor download speeds i thought if you could change the channels or …yeh poor download speeds i thought if you could change the channels or something?

what do you mean by "poor" - compared with what? what are you using to measure?
try speedtest.net
39543772-b0kKF.jpg
Do you have the Huawei hg-633?
andybriggs0330/12/2019 20:53

[Image]

well the ping is real crap - should be about 12ms - the download speed is about right but uload is a little slow. switch off router - wait 15 mins or so and switch back on. also you would be better talking direct in talktalk forum or their twitter feed
Arto30/12/2019 20:36

My brother in law spent 14 months of his 18 month contract trying sort out his router settings
Gollywood30/12/2019 21:01

My brother in law spent 14 months of his 18 month contract trying sort out …My brother in law spent 14 months of his 18 month contract trying sort out his router settings

That’s why I’m with Virgin Media
Arto30/12/2019 21:01

That’s why I’m with Virgin Media

#MeToo
Arto30/12/2019 21:05

This is what I’m getting on my phone right now[Image]

Who that with
39544046-Ubehl.jpg

thats phones hotspot with 3 lol
Arto30/12/2019 21:08

Virgin Media

there crap round here endlessly going off for days
andybriggs0330/12/2019 21:16

there crap round here endlessly going off for days

Could be faulty cables in the cabinet in the street, might just need replacing
problem is talk talk, worst provider I have ever experienced, all my issues were fixed as soon as I switched to another isp
Arto30/12/2019 21:17

Could be faulty cables in the cabinet in the street, might just need …Could be faulty cables in the cabinet in the street, might just need replacing

yeh they never solved it always went off between 5pm an 8am trying to fix it, no good to me with iptv on firestick an no freeview lol
andybriggs0330/12/2019 21:31

yeh they never solved it always went off between 5pm an 8am trying to fix …yeh they never solved it always went off between 5pm an 8am trying to fix it, no good to me with iptv on firestick an no freeview lol

Who uses Freeview? it’s all about IPTV and Kodi
Arto30/12/2019 21:32

Who uses Freeview? it’s all about IPTV and Kodi

i no so when it went off i was knackered mate missed all the darts an corrie lmfao
andybriggs0330/12/2019 21:33

i no so when it went off i was knackered mate missed all the darts an …i no so when it went off i was knackered mate missed all the darts an corrie lmfao

Constipation Street? Seriously? I thought you was a nice guy
39544404-7bRaF.jpgafter resetting modem
Looking better! A quick router restart should always be your first troubleshooting step.

Arto30/12/2019 21:52

Still not as good as mine

Congrats bro. Here's your Blue Peter badge.

39544650-QfmAV.jpg
McShane130/12/2019 22:12

Looking better! A quick router restart should always be your first …Looking better! A quick router restart should always be your first troubleshooting step. Congrats bro. Here's your Blue Peter badge. [Image]

Is that from Jimmy personally?
Arto30/12/2019 22:13

Is that from Jimmy personally?

yeh but how much you pay for that ?
andybriggs0330/12/2019 22:15

yeh but how much you pay for that ?

£72 pm but I get 2 boxes and every channel
What you do here to improve speed is firstly call talk talk and explain that you didn’t realise talk talk was so crap when signing up.
Secondly clear out all talk talk paraphernalia
3rd accept you have been reborn
4th promise yourself that you will never use talk talk again
5th join a support group during your rehabilitation period
And lastly find a new supplier.
Your welcome
You shouldn't post your ip for people to see, just a heads up
Misly30/12/2019 22:38

You shouldn't post your ip for people to see, just a heads up

I might boot him offline
You can’t do anything with it anyways that’s his LAN not his WAN
Edited by: "Arto" 30th Dec 2019
On the Speedtest.net image
I get 12mb on a medium fibre connection when by router is plugged into a normal socket. When plugged into a open reach socket I get full speed. Later socket is located right near front door and there is no power socket/source!
rimalpatel00730/12/2019 23:43

I get 12mb on a medium fibre connection when by router is plugged into a …I get 12mb on a medium fibre connection when by router is plugged into a normal socket. When plugged into a open reach socket I get full speed. Later socket is located right near front door and there is no power socket/source!

Buy an extension lead
Arto30/12/2019 23:44

Buy an extension lead

Not easy at it sounds. I am happy with 12mb as all media devices are wired corrected and phones on WiFi which is still good speed.

Before this provider I was with NowTv and with their router I had no issues.
rimalpatel00730/12/2019 23:46

Not easy at it sounds. I am happy with 12mb as all media devices are wired …Not easy at it sounds. I am happy with 12mb as all media devices are wired corrected and phones on WiFi which is still good speed. Before this provider I was with NowTv and with their router I had no issues.

12mb is dismal
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants