Groups

Does anyone know how long the warranty is for this telly from play.com?

Samsung Series 4 32" LE32A436 HD Ready Freeview Widescreen LCD TV

& are there any discount codes available? thanks

16 Comments

Play give a 28 day warranty on all their stuff. If it goes wrong after that you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

A year from what I can tell, happy new year btw

Original Poster

Newbold;3909221

Play give a 28 day warranty on all their stuff. If it goes wrong after … Play give a 28 day warranty on all their stuff. If it goes wrong after that you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

do you know how long the warranty is on the telly with samsung tho? cos i know the ones at john lewis & costco come with a 5 year warranty.....

Banned

Newbold;3909221

Play give a 28 day warranty on all their stuff. If it goes wrong after … Play give a 28 day warranty on all their stuff. If it goes wrong after that you'll need to contact the manufacturer.

If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt) - dont do it!

Buy from the UK and get a full and proper warrenty backed by the Sale of Goods Act. (Jersey doesnt count!)

cheerleader;3909235

do you know how long the warranty is on the telly with samsung tho? cos i … do you know how long the warranty is on the telly with samsung tho? cos i know the ones at john lewis & costco come with a 5 year warranty.....

It will have a 12 month warrenty with Samsung. Its JL that give the 5 years NOT samsung.

Original Poster

jtx;3909236

A year from what I can tell, happy new year btw

happy new year to you too :-D think i may be better getting the white one from costco then as john lewis have sold out :-(

cheerleader;3909235

do you know how long the warranty is on the telly with samsung tho? cos i … do you know how long the warranty is on the telly with samsung tho? cos i know the ones at john lewis & costco come with a 5 year warranty.....

Just bought a Samsung and only got a years warranty:|

Original Poster

guv;3909242

If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt) - dont do it!Buy from the … If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt) - dont do it!Buy from the UK and get a full and proper warrenty backed by the Sale of Goods Act. (Jersey doesnt count!)

it doesn't say anything about the warranty in the description :?
    play.com/Ele…684

RAC code..search for play in vouchers
    Plus cashback ;-)

Original Poster

dontdothatagain;3909267

RAC code..search for play in vouchers :)Plus cashback ;-)

thanks i've used that code before - can you use it more than once? :?
    yeah went through quidco to look on play & you get a massive 0.5% on electricals :whistling:
    can get the white one for £310 from costco with 5 year warranty so was looking to get the black with a similar length warranty for around the same price

Newbold;3909221

guv;3909242

If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt) - dont do it!Buy from the … If thats true (and I have no reason to doubt) - dont do it!Buy from the UK and get a full and proper warrenty backed by the Sale of Goods Act. (Jersey doesnt count!)It will have a 12 month warrenty with Samsung. Its JL that give the 5 years NOT samsung.

cheerleader;3909266

it doesn't say anything about the warranty in the description … it doesn't say anything about the warranty in the description :?http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/5320508/Samsung-Series-4-32-LE32A436-HD-Ready-Freeview-Widescreen-LCD-TV/Product.html?add=5320508&pid=260684&dpr=260684

"Our returns policy is valid for 28 days from receipt of an item."

That's their policy, and I know from bitter experience that they won't shift from it - they're not a UK company, and not bound by UK consumer law.

cheerleader;3909298

thanks i've used that code before - can you use it more than once? :?yeah … thanks i've used that code before - can you use it more than once? :?yeah went through quidco to look on play & you get a massive 0.5% on electricals :whistling:can get the white one for £310 from costco with 5 year warranty so was looking to get the black with a similar length warranty for around the same price

do not buy electricals from play :lol: as guv said they are based in jersey which doesn't come under UK law.... basically if you buy from play,, they will tell you to go the samsung for repairs etc

but buy from tesco, argos etc they by law have to repair or refund within a certain time period ... this is the sale of goods act..... which basically says you can expect x item to last x amount of time before a repair

e.g not 12 months for a £400 tv but 3 years is about the right time length even though many last longer

my brothers 6 month old sammy 37" went pop before xmas...... the backlight broke & we got comet to fix it using the sale of goods act .....

Original Poster

faevilangel;3909373

do not buy electricals from play :lol: as guv said they are based in … do not buy electricals from play :lol: as guv said they are based in jersey which doesn't come under UK law.... basically if you buy from play,, they will tell you to go the samsung for repairs etcbut buy from tesco, argos etc they by law have to repair or refund within a certain time period ... this is the sale of goods act..... which basically says you can expect x item to last x amount of time before a repaire.g not 12 months for a £400 tv but 3 years is about the right time length even though many last longermy brothers 6 month old sammy 37" went pop before xmas...... the backlight broke & we got comet to fix it using the sale of goods act .....

omg lucky he didn't get it from play.com then think after the advise on here will get one from costco or jon lewis with the 5 year warranty :thumbsup:
    rep given for all the help you've all given to me thanks

You can get a Samsung series 4 LE32A457 for £385.53 from Marks and Spencers with a 5 year guarantee.. It shows at £449.99 but they have got £50 off Samsung TV's at the moment that will be taken off on the payment page,, There is also a VAT adjustment of £13.47..

I think quidco is at 5% too.. ]HERE

I don't know what difference there is with the TV though..

edit..

I've just looked on the play website and this TV is a dearer one.. Listed at £379.99

Original Poster

edna_clouds;3909808

You can get a Samsung series 4 LE32A457 for £385.53 from Marks and … You can get a Samsung series 4 LE32A457 for £385.53 from Marks and Spencers with a 5 year guarantee.. It shows at £449.99 but they have got £50 off Samsung TV's at the moment that will be taken off on the payment page,, There is also a VAT adjustment of £13.47..I think quidco is at 5% too.. ]HEREI don't know what difference there is with the TV though..edit..I've just looked on the play website and this TV is a dearer one.. Listed at £379.99

thanks edna :thumbsup: i think i'm gonna get the white one with 5 year warranty from costco for £310 as john lewis have sold out of the black :-( & m&s is dearer.... my mum's got money put away from my birthday & christmas so don't really want to spend that much of my own money :lol:

Good luck with your purchase
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840
      3. One thing you've forgotten2024
      4. Cheer me up please?1226

See more discussions