Does anyone know how much it costs to get a mini bus licence ?

6 replies
Found 16th Mar 2010
I've been looking round the web and while there are places that offer the training none of them give prices !

Anyone done the training and know what it costs and how long it takes ?

1. Misc
  2. Bus
  3. Mini
6 Comments

If the minibus has 16 or less seats you can drive it on a car licence as long as you are doing it on a voluntary basis if that helps?

Original Poster

Not voluntary unfortunately.

My lads an outdoor instructor, mountain leader, caving (something or other!) and needs one to do freelance work for an outdoor centre.

PCV was the term I couldn't remember, thanks...

think they said about £1000 when I did mine but then that was 8yrs ago and the company paid. I did mine over a few weeks but a lot of places do a weeks intensive course

Original Poster

Someone did suggest to get a job with the local bus company (who are looking for trainee drivers), get trained and then quit !!

I have a feeling that there would be something in the contract that said you had to pay them back if you didn't complete X months though. . .

steve1221;8120967

Someone did suggest to get a job with the local bus company (who are … Someone did suggest to get a job with the local bus company (who are looking for trainee drivers), get trained and then quit !!I have a feeling that there would be something in the contract that said you had to pay them back if you didn't complete X months though. . .

Sounds likely, I was offered a job with a company but would have to fund myself through lessons someone then put me on to somewhere else that funded me but I had to sign a contract to stay for 1yr, Now been with that coach company 8 yrs!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313885
    2. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604798
    3. Add one, leave one game54315411
    4. Lower car insurance76

See more discussions