Does anyone know how to ask for money via Paypal without the risk of it being reversed?

7 replies
Found 21st Oct 2009
Hi all,
I am selling something, and read that "paypal gift" is not secure for the seller...Does anyone know how to ask for payment covering both members and paying the least amount in fees?
Thanks.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
7 Comments

Use Bank Transfer.

Sloth/Mod

No guarantees with Paypal whichever method.

Original Poster

Adam2050;6646446

Use Bank Transfer.

The buyer is only willing to pay via Paypal.

Syzable;6646458

No guarantees with Paypal whichever method.

Really? I never knew that...If I use "goods, other" and they reverse it, am I covered?

Sloth/Mod

rehydrated;6646475

The buyer is only willing to pay via Paypal.Really? I never knew … The buyer is only willing to pay via Paypal.Really? I never knew that...If I use "goods, other" and they reverse it, am I covered?

No. If it gets reversed then you are out of pocket. They could claim it was a unauthorised transaction etc.

Although do you think they'd do this? If you have doubts then don't sell to them.

Original Poster

They could, and I hear you. Takes a right ****** to do that, and their ebay feedback is good and high. I am just trying to limit my risks...I am thinking "goods,other" as if I also send insured delivery, then I am hoping that I at least have a case..?

I dont think paypal gift can be reversed unless your account was hacked so its the best way i can think of.

Original Poster

Surely if I request money through Paypal, and they accept, and pay, they can not dispute it at a later date? They really have got us by the goolies!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA1662
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247642
    3. Anyone else bored of video gaming1119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428014647

See more discussions