Groups

Does anyone know how to change the settings on a Sony Xperia X1 so I can send pics etc?

I basically purchased this phone from a friend who was on a different network and I've contacted T-mobile, as I can't seem to change the settings but they don't have a manual on the phone, so couldn't help.

The phone won't allow me to send any picture messages and repeatedly asks me to change the settings but I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help out please?

7 Comments

i had this for a few days and i remeber if you do a hard reset the phone sets itself up to your network when you first turn it on with your sim in,

1. turn off the phone
    2. hold down the two silver buttons under the screen and the power button at the same time
    3. wait 3 seconds then release the power button
    4. you should see a white screen with blue writing saying press (R) to restore or space to cancell
    5. press R on the keyboard the phone and the phone will restore to the origanal settings

you may lose any sttings you have saved so dont do this unless you are sure,

Original Poster

We tried that a few weeks ago before we inserted my T-mobile sim card, as that wiped the memory clean but it still seems to show Vodaphone live etc. :oops:

I had a phone on 02 that couldnt send pics i had to chnage the settings on it for the money of a multimedia message to come out of my credit

Original Poster

shosie;6247307

I had a phone on 02 that couldnt send pics i had to chnage the settings … I had a phone on 02 that couldnt send pics i had to chnage the settings on it for the money of a multimedia message to come out of my credit

Yeah but how do I change the settings on this phone?

I'm not exactly clued up with phones and this phone seems quite complex to me. :oops:

realfriendlyman;6247614

Yeah but how do I change the settings on this phone?I'm not exactly clued … Yeah but how do I change the settings on this phone?I'm not exactly clued up with phones and this phone seems quite complex to me. :oops:

I phoned 02 and they sent the settings text through.

Original Poster

shosie;6248684

I phoned 02 and they sent the settings text through.

They sent that to me as well, which I then entered the pin and nothing happened. :roll:

I don't know what to do now. :oops:

realfriendlyman;6248744

They sent that to me as well, which I then entered the pin and nothing … They sent that to me as well, which I then entered the pin and nothing happened. :roll:I don't know what to do now. :oops:

Hmmm there should be settings that ask where you want your money yto come out of. Have yah tried turning it off and on again once you done that?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Buy back on Euros to £££12
      2. Digital ps4 games33
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)22
      4. Cheap northface alternatives?22

See more discussions