Groups

does anyone know how to clean algae off of a large planter ?

really mad !!! bought a nice new planter last year and this year it is ruined with green algae whats the best cleaner for this ? paid 25 quid for it ! feel as tho i have wasted my money ! help from a budding gardener would be much appreciated .

10 Comments

spray bleach - works a treat - coincidence or what - done 3 of mine this morning!!

Original Poster

holly100;1724188

spray bleach - works a treat - coincidence or what - done 3 of mine this … spray bleach - works a treat - coincidence or what - done 3 of mine this morning!!

was that the pottery kind ?

yes - also used it on decking as the top is always in shade and tends to go green and slimy over winter - just whopped bleach on and scrubbed with brush - works on paving slabs as well

Original Poster

good ! will get some spray bleach tomorrow ! rep added :thumbsup:

Dont Really Have To Buy The Premade One - Just Put Plain Bleach Mix With A Bit Of Water Into A Spare Sprayer - Easily Cleaned Out

My Cat Loves It She Licks The Floor After I Have Rinsed - Very Healthy For A 19yr Old Cat !!!

Original Poster

holly100;1724584

Dont Really Have To Buy The Premade One - Just Put Plain Bleach Mix With … Dont Really Have To Buy The Premade One - Just Put Plain Bleach Mix With A Bit Of Water Into A Spare Sprayer - Easily Cleaned OutMy Cat Loves It She Licks The Floor After I Have Rinsed - Very Healthy For A 19yr Old Cat !!!

maybe thats why it has lived soo long:whistling:

My hubby just blasts them with the pressure washer, does hte trick. :thumbsup:

Hope this helps.

scrub with bleach

Rub yogurt all over the pot and put it in a bin bag for a week :whistling:

What's wrong with green algae - might be the very ones that Richard Branson says will be the ultimate biofuel!! Could be on a gold-mine there.
    Anyway,I think it gives a natural look to pots.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Ditched Sky1318
      2. To buy Iphone 633
      3. Nightmare with BT over Broadband67
      4. Purchasing Fifa 18 through EA Access question11

See more discussions