Groups

Does anyone know how to connect a 15 pin plug on a synth keyboard to an inspiron 531

help!
    Does anyone know how to connect a 15 pin plug on a synth keyboard to an inspiron 531??
    as it doesnt have a socket like my old PC.

8 Comments

Is it a midi connection?

Original Poster

there is a midi out 5 pin connection,
    but i used to use a 15 pin plug from the soundcard connecter on the keyboard to the yellow joystick connecter on the old PC

Is this for recording Midi/samples

jimmykn;3057145

there is a midi out 5 pin connection, but i used to use a 15 pin plug … there is a midi out 5 pin connection, but i used to use a 15 pin plug from the soundcard connecter on the keyboard to the yellow joystick connecter on the old PC

Was the connector on the old PC onboard or a stand alone sound card?

Original Poster

i used the keyboard on 'notation' and 'cubase SX'. i really want to just play the keyboard on the new inspiron maybe record with it later

im prettty sure it was onboard

You may have to buy a new soundcard mate for it. You can pick them up very cheaply nowadays. How do you like using cubase.

Original Poster

its pretty good i used it at college a couple of years ago and want to get back to using it, thanks for the help anyway

Hey what about a usb to midi connector. have a look at this it may be what you are looking for

musicmasterworks.com/mid…tml

Good Luck mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1918
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30124
      3. word association Game74044563
      4. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?33

See more discussions