Does anyone know how to find if my car has alarm?

Found 1st Oct 2015
I've tried everything recommended online but cant seem to find out if my car has alarm. its renault clio 1.5 dci (56 plate)
Community Updates
AskCar
29 Comments
lock the car with you inside and.move around normally sets it off if it has one
Smash the window.
It will have an alarm
Try to steal it...
Mine does not have an alarm, only an immobiliser!
Kick the door whilst it's locked
When it beeps check to see if there's a light on the dashboard - possibly an immobiliser issue...
IamMT

When it beeps check to see if there's a light on the dashboard - possibly … When it beeps check to see if there's a light on the dashboard - possibly an immobiliser issue...

there is red light on the dashboard
19alexanderson91

lock the car with you inside and.move around normally sets it off if it … lock the car with you inside and.move around normally sets it off if it has one

tried it nothing happens
xPabloz

there is red light on the dashboard

Does it go off when you start the engine?
IamMT

Does it go off when you start the engine?

i think it does cuz never seen it while driving
Does it have a remote control for locking the doors if yes it's got a alarm and Not it only has immobiliser the are normally factory fitted
yes it has remote with three buttons; to open/close and final one to open the boot
If you need more information find on Facebook as Mr diagnostic
xPabloz

i think it does cuz never seen it while driving

Which light is it - check page 51 of this:

cdn.renault.com/con…pdf
IamMT

Which light is it - check page 51 of … Which light is it - check page 51 of this:https://www.cdn.renault.com/content/dam/Renault/UK/owner-services/private/clio/X652BI/manual.pdf

similar to page 1.07
xPabloz

similar to page 1.07

Which deals with the immobiliser... I assume all the doors are closing properly if so read this thread carefully: google.es/url…FQQ
IamMT

Which deals with the immobiliser... I assume all the doors are closing … Which deals with the immobiliser... I assume all the doors are closing properly if so read this thread carefully: https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDwQFjADahUKEwjN85fuiqLIAhXBGj4KHZQvBcg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.howtomendit.com%2Fanswers.php%3Fid%3D64424&usg=AFQjCNGDTQC5f4IHz02ppjiU4W4FA4YwiQ&sig2=5sKZg_b1EP2wgI_KpO4FQQ

yes nothing wrong with opening./closing doors except when open i need to press it once to open driver door or 2-3 times to open all
the link you posted is about not being able to start the car? i dont have any issue with starting the car just wana know if the car has alarm
I doubt it. If you had then it would of gone off at some point. I'd say it has a factory fitted immobiliser.
try ringing or calling into a renault dealer
ixi1456

try ringing or calling into a renault dealer

i guess i'll do that
open window and lock car. now stick head in car. look up to driver side and passenger side for What looks like little mics in top corner of windscreen.. ps if it didn't go off with your head in the car I'd say you don't have one. other things you can check are for stickers on windows to say car has alarm installed...
another idea, get someone to sit in the car, you lock it from the outside wait 30 seconds and get them to open the door from the inside.
don007

Does it have a remote control for locking the doors if yes it's got … Does it have a remote control for locking the doors if yes it's got a alarm and Not it only has immobiliser the are normally factory fitted

Errr ,no. Remote locking and an alarm are two different things.
justanothercid

open window and lock car. now stick head in car. look up to driver side … open window and lock car. now stick head in car. look up to driver side and passenger side for What looks like little mics in top corner of windscreen.. ps if it didn't go off with your head in the car I'd say you don't have one. other things you can check are for stickers on windows to say car has alarm installed...

iy doesn't have the mic things
Don't unlock the car with the remote key fob. Unlock the door by inserting the key in the door lock and unlocking. If it has an alam, it should go off after few secs.

I have a 53 reg VW Polo with a remote locking key fob and sometime ago the remote unlocking fob stopped working. I had to unlock my car with the Key in the door. The alarm went off after about 10 secs, I had to start the car to turn the alarm off. I didn't know my car had a alarm until this happened. Now it goes off when there's heavy thunder storm or wind.
Edited by: "knight01" 2nd Oct 2015
look under the bonnet
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants