Expired

does anyone know how to fix a nissan serena 1995 that wont start

Found 16th Mar 2013
Car wont start, have put in more petrol , checked fuses and battery but still won't work, any ideas as I need the car for monday morning
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  2. Nissan
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Nissan
21 Comments
what a silly question
It's the Flux Capacitor.

Original Poster
I was thinking there might be a mechanic on here so not really a silly question just a very unhelpful answer, not good community spirit!
shauneco

It's the Flux Capacitor.

Which may just want cleaning.
What is it doing, turning over? catching but not running? etc. etc. etc.
Banned
Argoj

Please pay attention... Its broked
Banned
New engine, I've heard you can,get em from,kinder eggs
Banned
trickydickybeer

New engine, I've heard you can,get em from,kinder eggs

Or from Argos...

hotukdeals.com/dea…251
Original Poster
Argoj

nothing, not turning over and no electrics lighting up prior to fully turning the key, it has happened before but was fine with a jump start.
Nikki302

nothing, not turning over and no electrics lighting up prior to fully … nothing, not turning over and no electrics lighting up prior to fully turning the key, it has happened before but was fine with a jump start.

It's your battery then or faulty wiring or possibly immobilizer.
shauneco

It's the Flux Capacitor.

Haha
Banned
call police they will help you, DOH scap it oO
It's your battery if your not even getting anything lighting up before even trying to start. You need to try a jump start and then find out why your battery keeps going flat (shot battery, alternator etc.). When you try to jump with a battery this low connect the jump leads and leave them on without trying to start for a few minutes.
its simply not working - if more petrol aint working then id sell for scrap
As above ....Replace the battery
The awkward moment when your car is nearly as old as myself.
Do the headlights come on? When you turn the key, do the dash warning lights come on? Sounds like an electrical fault; either battery kaput (most probable cause because of recent cold weather), bad connection on battery terminal, or faulty ignition switch. It won't be the immobiliser as it cuts of fuel supply and ignition but will still allow engine to crank over.
sounds to me like you have a bad battery thanks .
The Therapist

Do the headlights come on? When you turn the key, do the dash warning … Do the headlights come on? When you turn the key, do the dash warning lights come on? Sounds like an electrical fault; either battery kaput (most probable cause because of recent cold weather), bad connection on battery terminal, or faulty ignition switch. It won't be the immobiliser as it cuts of fuel supply and ignition but will still allow engine to crank over.

No some immobilizers cut all power.
Get it towed to the White Cliffs of Dover and give it a push start.(_;)
Original Poster
Thanks for all your wonderful comments, it started today after tightening the Earth wire under the hood.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions