Groups

Does anyone know how to format google contact imports?

I want to import a a contact list to google (a list of around names and emails)

Its for my cricket team so i am going to separate these into contact groups so we can just mail the slect the groups we want to email.

is there anyway to format a contact import so that it includes name, email and contact group/groups?? (some people will fall into more than one group)

rather than having to import then manually add the grouping data?

4 Comments

Banned

pretty unclear what you want to do

what filetype are you importing and from what application?

When I did this I created one contact in my google contacts list, saved it and then exported it.

Opened it in excel and then I could see all of the fields to copy my data into.

Hope this helps..

Original Poster

csiman;8722871

pretty unclear what you want to dowhat filetype are you importing and … pretty unclear what you want to dowhat filetype are you importing and from what application?

Well i assume it will be CSV but i dont know how to lay itout

I have a list of 400 people and emails. i need to have them ordered into groups i.e Mens 1st XI, Members, Juniors etc (with some people falling into multiple categories) for use for mailing lists.

Banned

TomT has provided a possible solution. Just make sure the single contact is in a group
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One S or Xbox One X89
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1328
      3. How to cancel Sky subscription22
      4. How to unblock a vacuum hose which is completely jammed with dust and fluff…33

See more discussions