Does anyone know how to unlock an old nokia mobile?

Found 7th Jun
I've found my old Nokia NK402 (5110), I want to use it as an emergency phone to keep in the boot of my car.

Problem is its locked to Orange and I want to use a spare O2 card that I have.

does anyone know and simple and cheap or free way of unlocking it?

Cheers
Community Updates
8 Comments
As far as I remember there were more than one model of that phone and they were band specific so I’m not sure the sim would work anyway

Try this?
Contact EE, they will unlock for free if you bought the phone from them directly. Since Orange is part of EE now, they might be able to do something?

ee.co.uk/hel…ork
If you can't unlock for free then try ebay.
Dannyrobbo1 h, 25 m ago

As far as I remember there were more than one model of that phone and they …As far as I remember there were more than one model of that phone and they were band specific so I’m not sure the sim would work anywayTry this?

Think you could be right in which case no good for O2 or Voda, in fact if it is, no point getting it unlocked as the other 2 networks Orange and T mobile are both EE now.
Edited by: "zirk" 7th Jun
Dannyrobbo1 h, 46 m ago

As far as I remember there were more than one model of that phone and they …As far as I remember there were more than one model of that phone and they were band specific so I’m not sure the sim would work anywayTry this?

Yeah I think also it only works on GSM 1800 band, which O2 use for 4G (O2 use 900/2100 band for 2/3G). EE use the 1800 band for 2G and 4G
Damn blast from the past loved the face lift
I'm sure there used to be free calculators online (around the time of those phones) and you type in the IMEI and a few other details and it then told you how to unlock it.

Edit;
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…874
Edited by: "ch7leach" 8th Jun
I used to unlock Nokia phones by going on ebay. Always message seller to see if they have the code before you pay. That's where folks go wrong and end up chasing refund. Don't pay untill you get confirmation they have unlock code
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants