Groups

Does anyone know if there are....

Any free Laptop deals that dont involve taking Mobile Broadband.

We did the Orange deal couple of years ago but was just wondering if there was anything else?

Thanks
    Ashley

4 Comments

Any deal in which you get something high-value for free generally means that you're going to get ****** molested elsewhere in the package. Like those mobile interweb + free laptop deals, where I worked it out that you're usually paying in the region of £300 more for the package, compared to what you'd pay for the contract and laptop seperately. Companies don't exist to make a loss, so you'll always get a deceptively bad deal when a part of a package is advertised as free.

Original Poster

We got the orange deal as I said, was £18 a month for unlimited BB on a 2 year contract, got a laptop worth £450 for £60.

I think the total we ended up paying was £490ish, so not bad considering that included our 2 years worth of internet.

I doubt we'll find another deal as good as this one.

AshleyRFC;5565462

We got the orange deal as I said, was £18 a month for unlimited BB on a 2 … We got the orange deal as I said, was £18 a month for unlimited BB on a 2 year contract, got a laptop worth £450 for £60.I think the total we ended up paying was £490ish, so not bad considering that included our 2 years worth of internet.I doubt we'll find another deal as good as this one.

That's pretty decent going, in that case. Nice catch.

For curiosity's sake btw, I had a quick scope at what PC World was doing now for "free" laptops + mobile broadband. Their cheapest Core2Duo based Dell costs £40 a month for a 24 month contract. 3's top mobile broadband for the same period is £15/month. £25/month for the laptop makes it £600, about £200 the Dell price. I'm glad you got a good deal on yours. That sort of rip-off just upsets me.

Original Poster

dxx;5565799

That's pretty decent going, in that case. Nice catch. For curiosity's … That's pretty decent going, in that case. Nice catch. For curiosity's sake btw, I had a quick scope at what PC World was doing now for "free" laptops + mobile broadband. Their cheapest Core2Duo based Dell costs £40 a month for a 24 month contract. 3's top mobile broadband for the same period is £15/month. £25/month for the laptop makes it £600, about £200 the Dell price. I'm glad you got a good deal on yours. That sort of rip-off just upsets me.

Yeah I think the mobile broadband deals with the laptops are rip offs too.

Before we had Orange we were with Virgin but the service kept going so we switched to them and it worked out cheaper per month for us for the same broadband, this was going back to when Virgin were only offering 8mb.

We're thinking about actually going back to virgin as the speeds we can get in our area is up to 50mb so before we made any decisions we just wanted to look into possibly getting another free lappy, but the offers I've seen so far have been crap.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions