Groups

Does anyone know if there is a smoking ban in Egypt?

I know there was a smoking ban in Greece and Turkey, but it wasn't inforced in many places. Does anyone know if there is one in Egypt and is it reinforced?(Think I know the answer to this one)

13 Comments

when was there a smoking ban in Turkey? smoking in turkey is rife everywhere-bars,restaurants,theaters,cinemas etc etc-never heard of any ban?

Banned

not heard of any bans anywhere

well,a quick google seems to indicate that turkeys parliament did introduce a ban supposedly,but we were there a coupla months ago and everyone smokes EVERYWHERE ,including the police-lol.

having been to greece and seen the smoking culture there,would be surprised if they give much of a fig for any ban either.

not when we went in june but I think they were going to try in alexandria. But all the egyptian I spoke to said no one would do it.

here's a link to the alexandria one. Linky

Original Poster

Thanks. Yeah 'smoking ban' came into Turkey last year but like I said was not inforced. Oh god thats the only bit of holiday I hate......having a bad chest and coughing up rubbish the day after sitting near a smoker.....wah.

I think it's Law to actually smoke in Egypt.

Seriously, some bars/restaurants don't allow it, but most when I went did.

Banned

a reinforced smoking ban?

Banned

sassie

not heard of any bans anywhere

To be fair though... how would you know....

Smoke anywhere you like, Health and Safety is pretty much non existent in Egypt, the last thing they give a **** about is smoking that's for sure.

i was there at the end of june/beginning of july and the only places you couldn't smoke was inside boats (i was on a nile cruise) and on busses. Egyptians smoke EVERYWHERE!!

Original Poster

missp27

i was there at the end of june/beginning of july and the only places you … i was there at the end of june/beginning of july and the only places you couldn't smoke was inside boats (i was on a nile cruise) and on busses. Egyptians smoke EVERYWHERE!!

OH no ok thanks everyone for your help. I guess you dont know what is the rule until you get there lol

Original Poster

gemmyw

OH no ok thanks everyone for your help. I guess you dont know what is the … OH no ok thanks everyone for your help. I guess you dont know what is the rule until you get there lol

Oh god and I should have written enforced!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal24
      2. Any Just Eat Vouchers around?11
      3. Gaming Monitor11
      4. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay1014

See more discussions