Groups
    EXPIRED

Does anyone know if they are going ahead with the hard drives from last night?

I was wondering if anyone knows weather they are going ahead with the £5 hard drives from last night on eclipse computers, as i have not receieved an email or anything to advise they are not. I can see the price has gone up and its still in my orders.

11 Comments

I missed the post but I will go with 'No'.

people are still posting on that thread maybe ask there

Original Poster

I cant find the thread, can anyone send me the link please

Original Poster

Shengis;3515138

http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279498

Thanks

I think the crucial point is when there is offer and acceptance plus consideration. At the moment internet companies have T&Cs which tend to overrule your statutory rights, they are obviously trying it on to fob off customers for mistakes arising from their own staff. These terms are illegal and ineffective under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. The crux of all these confusion is that the law is now made unclear in the internet world. A key point that holds true is when acceptance is deemed to have happened... which is always at the point when consideration is accepted. So when you made your order on line, this is still in the "invitation to treat" (= when you have made an offer to buy), this is to say there is no contract. Then the internet companies would not accept your offer to buy until they state so in their sales T's and C's , which could be:-
    1) When they take money from your credit card (accept by taking the consideration which is money), or
    2) After taking your money , they still want to overrule the contract law, by stating that acceptance is not until despatch of the goods

Now 1) is normally the point where a contract is struck for a "mis-priced" item= Point of no return , else it is breach of contract. But if they still insist that they are protected under 2) then you may be able to "kill" off this protection by a test purchase subsequently if you feel aggrieved. Do another transaction with this company wanting to be protected by 2) above and cancel your order after they have taken your money and prior to despatch. If they flatly refused to refund your money in full then you have got them in their "googly" as that have behaved by a business process not to accept your cancellation of your offer... they have deemed acceptance by taking money hence. They cannot be inconsistent... in a law of court they would loose immediately and pay all legal costs.

In the days of the credit crunch any internet sales company can go under anytime. You are protected by credit card if the company went out of business. If you paid in cash or cheque or a debit card you can protect yourself using the above seller's T's and C's for your own benefit. After a transaction online , send an e-mail referencing your order and state that the money you paid is to be held in trust and and the money you paid to be returned in full at any time until their was a contract.

Use the supplier's T's&C's to your own advantage.. when you see a deal cheaper on HOTUKDEALs, cancel your order as you have made no contract and get a full refund and then buy cheaper! [COLOR="Black"]The supplier's term is a protective one , but you can use it to protect yourself from a contract too. It works both ways.[/COLOR]

I've checked my order on the Eclipse site site and it's there but nothing seems to have been done to it and as I asked for next day delivery I suspect nothing will happen with it. Also I've checked my credit card and no payment has been asked for but let's give it another day and see what happens.

Just spoken to Eclipse and they are not honouring the orders for the hard drives they said it is an error on there servers and they dont know why it keeps chainging back but if they did honour the price it would cripple the company. :cry: :viking:

Looks like I still have to find a hard drive as mine is full - any ideas where to go for a cheap portable external hard drive 500gb+???

riverrat72;3523562

Just spoken to Eclipse and they are not honouring the orders for the hard … Just spoken to Eclipse and they are not honouring the orders for the hard drives they said it is an error on there servers and they dont know why it keeps chainging back but if they did honour the price it would cripple the company. :cry: :viking:

I wonder how they could solve that problem. Erm... Let me think:thinking: No got nothing as removing the offending item from their stock database would be just TOO silly to even consider:roll:

They found a good way of advertising their site! They will not give up... They will just play the dumb

So if you set up a new bussiness just misprice an item and post it to HUKD!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3955
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions