Groups

Does anyone know o2 broadband work on a talktalk phone

Does anyone know o2 broadband work on a talktalk phone? I am keen to get an o2 broadband? But BT would charge me for 125 GBP for reconnection of a phone line and talktalk only charges 50 GBP. Thank you very much.

16 Comments

Talk Talk uses its own equipment and "owns(leases)?" the lines
    and has it's own broadband

O2 works via BT and will only work on a BT owned line

You can get a BT line installed for free untill 30th September.
    This applies to new lines, reconnections or even having second lines fitted and isn't dependant on already having a master socket.
    The only catch is, you have to sign to an 18 month contract, rather than the usual 12, and you'll need to make at least ten calls per month but these can be inclusive calls if you get a BT package & line rental from only £11.25pr month.

This isn't available online : to get it you need to ring 0800 800 150, lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm. When you call, ask for the 'New line free connection offer'.

]http//ww…htm

or get the Post office home phone without a contract!!! And get ur O2 broadband on that!! Better than BT phone!

Original Poster

BeeKeeper;6326942

You can get a BT line installed for free untill 30th September.This … You can get a BT line installed for free untill 30th September.This applies to new lines, reconnections or even having second lines fitted and isn't dependant on already having a master socket.The only catch is, you have to sign to an 18 month contract, rather than the usual 12, and you'll need to make at least ten calls per month but these can be inclusive calls if you get a BT package & line rental from only £11.25pr month.This isn't available online : to get it you need to ring 0800 800 150, lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm, Saturday 8am to 8pm, Sunday 9am to 6pm. When you call, ask for the 'New line free connection offer'.]http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/public/current/Notice09_boo/2-FrameworkImpl337855.htm

Hi BeeKeeper, thank you very much for the info. Do you know if I can take the contract with me if I move house before the 18 month contract ends?

Original Poster

unileeds;6327213

or get the Post office home phone without a contract!!! And get ur O2 … or get the Post office home phone without a contract!!! And get ur O2 broadband on that!! Better than BT phone!

Thanks, unileeds. I tried. They also charge me the connection fee :x .

Original Poster

karenhornby;6326922

Talk Talk uses its own equipment and "owns(leases)?" the linesand has … Talk Talk uses its own equipment and "owns(leases)?" the linesand has it's own broadbandO2 works via BT and will only work on a BT owned line

Thanks, karenhornby. I see. Yesterday I saw on Quidco Savvy Tips that o2 broadband cashback offer will end on Monday. Will it really end?

toplch;6328377

Hi BeeKeeper, thank you very much for the info. Do you know if I can take … Hi BeeKeeper, thank you very much for the info. Do you know if I can take the contract with me if I move house before the 18 month contract ends?

I would think so, provided your new house has already has a live BT line, otherwise you're going to be facing a connection fee again or charge for ending the contract early.

"If the customer decides to end the contract within the 18 month minimum term, they will incur a single charge of £7.50(on the Unlimited Weekend and Unlimited Evening & Weekend plans) or £8.00(on the Unlimited Anytime plan) for each month left of the minimum term."

If you think you are likely to be moving within the next 18months and are worried about this, ask them before agreeing to anything.
    Then again unless you already know where you might be moving to, you won't know whether it already has a live BT line

toplch;6328377

Hi BeeKeeper, thank you very much for the info. Do you know if I can take … Hi BeeKeeper, thank you very much for the info. Do you know if I can take the contract with me if I move house before the 18 month contract ends?

if u r worried about contract then go for the post office deal.

Original Poster

Thank you very much, BeeKeeper and unileeds. The post office monthly plan seems nice but I really do not want to pay the connection fee :roll: . I'll call BT to confirm it first. Even if I have to cancel it earlier, 6*7.5 is still much cheaper than the connection fee :thumbsup:. I suppose I need not pay the connection fee back when I cancel it :roll: .

toplch;6331749

Thank you very much, BeeKeeper and unileeds. The post office monthly plan … Thank you very much, BeeKeeper and unileeds. The post office monthly plan seems nice but I really do not want to pay the connection fee :roll: . I'll call BT to confirm it first. Even if I have to cancel it earlier, 6*7.5 is still much cheaper than the connection fee :thumbsup:. I suppose I need not pay the connection fee back when I cancel it :roll: .

Just so you know... if BT doesnt charge you for connection Post office will not either.. THE postt office home phone is managed and operated by BT!! So if the Bt system shows you have an endstop on the line and it can activated, the post office will/should tell u the same. The advantage of th epost offic e is no contract and free UK mobile calls on the weekends... which can save you a lot of money!!

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6334943

Why not just get talk talk broadband?

Just because it is more expensive than O2 .

Original Poster

unileeds;6334907

Just so you know... if BT doesnt charge you for connection Post office … Just so you know... if BT doesnt charge you for connection Post office will not either.. THE postt office home phone is managed and operated by BT!! So if the Bt system shows you have an endstop on the line and it can activated, the post office will/should tell u the same. The advantage of th epost offic e is no contract and free UK mobile calls on the weekends... which can save you a lot of money!!

I also prefer post office's phone service but just reluctant to pay the connection charge. BT only waives the charge if I take 18 month contract. Because there is no contract (only one month) for post office, I do not think they could waive the charge as well.

Original Poster

There is one strange about my existing phone line. The system of BT shows it is not connected. But it is connected/ active indeed. I even can make phone calls from it. So, I called BT to see if they can give me a 12 month contract without the connection fee since my line is active. But they told me that they cannot do anything about it because its system shows the line in my property is not active and therefore they have to charge me the connection fee. This is too unfair why I should be charged when my line is active and no engineer visit is needed. Does anyone know what should I do in this case? Thanks in advance.

Just one more information, as far as I know, the previous tenent in my flat was with talktalk. I do not know if this has any influence.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6341560

Are you kidding, you obviously already have a talk talk line for £10.50, … Are you kidding, you obviously already have a talk talk line for £10.50, so for an extra like £6 you can get broadband and free evening and weekend calls to uk landlines.... No way is that cheaper.

It's 18 month contract. The line rental, I think, is 11.25 rather than 10.5 and you need to pay another 2-3 pounds to get free evening and weekend calls. Also, broadband download is not unlimited and O2 is offering better cashback as well.

toplch;6340070

There is one strange about my existing phone line. The system of BT shows … There is one strange about my existing phone line. The system of BT shows it is not connected. But it is connected/ active indeed. I even can make phone calls from it. So, I called BT to see if they can give me a 12 month contract without the connection fee since my line is active. But they told me that they cannot do anything about it because its system shows the line in my property is not active and therefore they have to charge me the connection fee. This is too unfair why I should be charged when my line is active and no engineer visit is needed. Does anyone know what should I do in this case? Thanks in advance.Just one more information, as far as I know, the previous tenent in my flat was with talktalk. I do not know if this has any influence.

If you canmake phone calls, why dont you jus call ur mobile, get the telephone number and just add on broadband to the line. someone somewhere will be paying the bill. They wont know if broadband is added as there is no visible charge on the phone bill for the BB. If and wen the line gets cancelled get a new one. Till then just carry on!

Original Poster

unileeds;6348928

If you canmake phone calls, why dont you jus call ur mobile, get the … If you canmake phone calls, why dont you jus call ur mobile, get the telephone number and just add on broadband to the line. someone somewhere will be paying the bill. They wont know if broadband is added as there is no visible charge on the phone bill for the BB. If and wen the line gets cancelled get a new one. Till then just carry on!

Thanks, unileeds. The problem is that broadband company cannot recognise the number and therefore cannot offer me a contract.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions