Does anyone know or have any ideas on whether outlook or gmail will bring out a new email domain?

Posted 1st Aug
Want to make an email with first name and surname but as expected its taken across most providers. Don't really want to pay for a personal domain right now.

So just wondering if anyone has any knowledge on whether email providers are likely to bring out a new email domain or recycle emails (potentially very unlikely).

Just a thought...
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Change your name by Deed Poll to something that's available...
Edited by: "IamMT" 1st Aug
17 Comments
Zoho is good and it's free. You can buy a domain, I know you said you didn't want that, and run your email, accounts etc free via zoho.
Monaco.Blue01/08/2020 08:56

Zoho is good and it's free. You can buy a domain, I know you said you …Zoho is good and it's free. You can buy a domain, I know you said you didn't want that, and run your email, accounts etc free via zoho.

Isnt it only free for 2 weeks? And then the free plan after that doesn't allow you to send emails? Ive just upgraded from the free plan to the basic one for 80p per month (Must pay for the year though) and it is pretty decent to he honest. Set up IMAP so i get all emails through gmail instead of going through Zoho every time.
Change your name by Deed Poll to something that's available...
Edited by: "IamMT" 1st Aug
There is no demand for yet another free email service. Have you tried Proton mail? They have a free version but it may be insufficient for you.
Have a look at mail.com they have more email domains than you can shake a stick at!
ReecesWaffle9501/08/2020 09:23

Isnt it only free for 2 weeks? And then the free plan after that doesn't …Isnt it only free for 2 weeks? And then the free plan after that doesn't allow you to send emails? Ive just upgraded from the free plan to the basic one for 80p per month (Must pay for the year though) and it is pretty decent to he honest. Set up IMAP so i get all emails through gmail instead of going through Zoho every time.

Ahh maybe it has changed, it was free when I joined 5 years ago. I still don't pay...

Isnt it only free for 2 weeks? And then the free plan after that doesn't …Isnt it only free for 2 weeks? And then the free plan after that doesn't allow you to send emails? Ive just upgraded from the free plan to the basic one for 80p per month (Must pay for the year though) and it is pretty decent to he honest. Set up IMAP so i get all emails through gmail instead of going through Zoho every time.

Considered routing the emails but don't really want to do it. In the long run, will probably consider getting a custom domain...
Adam_Khan1Tc01/08/2020 10:39

Considered routing the emails but don't really want to do it. In the long …Considered routing the emails but don't really want to do it. In the long run, will probably consider getting a custom domain...

It’s not too bad price wise. I bought a year domain for £3, and paid £8 for a year of email subscription.
ReecesWaffle9501/08/2020 10:40

It’s not too bad price wise. I bought a year domain for £3, and paid £8 for …It’s not too bad price wise. I bought a year domain for £3, and paid £8 for a year of email subscription.

Who was the domain and email subscription with?
Adam_Khan1Tc01/08/2020 10:43

Domain was through GoDaddy, and email through ZoHo. You can use Gsuite (gmail) for your email service but it’s £4 per month whereas ZoHo is 80p per month. So I just set it up so my ZoHo emails come through my gmail app.
ReecesWaffle9501/08/2020 10:44

Domain was through GoDaddy, and email through ZoHo. You can use Gsuite …Domain was through GoDaddy, and email through ZoHo. You can use Gsuite (gmail) for your email service but it’s £4 per month whereas ZoHo is 80p per month. So I just set it up so my ZoHo emails come through my gmail app.

Cool, thanks. Will look into it.
Monaco.Blue01/08/2020 10:37

Ahh maybe it has changed, it was free when I joined 5 years ago. I still …Ahh maybe it has changed, it was free when I joined 5 years ago. I still don't pay...

Nope there is still free for life plan

There is free plan up to 5gb per user, only web access thought
DealDog01/08/2020 10:48

That’s right! My bad, I remember now. I paid the 80p for IMAP because I don’t like their website
DealDog01/08/2020 10:48

I use the email and invoicing (apps too for both).
Have you considered using a slightly modified gmail account with titles.

Adam.Khan@gmail.com might be taken but have you tried mr.adam.khan@gmail.com, Adam.Khan.Esq@gmail.com,or maybe even, dr.adam.khan@gmail.com.
Adam_Khan1Tc01/08/2020 10:43

I purchased a domain from Ionos at £1.20 as it is provided with a mailbox at zero additional cost.

The mailbox can be used to manage and use an infinite number of domain-related email addresses and an equally unlimited number of email forwarders.

Access the mailbox via any web browser and/or any IMAP client, or via Gmail or similar alias to provide Gmail tools such as spam-filtering etc, and arguably from a mobile device the Gmail app would provide the easiest access to the mailbox and its multiple domain-related e-addresses.

When coupled to a standard Gmail account you would have a freebie 15GB domain-related mailbox.

The only annual cost would be the optional domain renewal fee, currently typically about £12-£15.

Just be mindful of whatever mailbox name you create when using with an app as the normally hidden email headers / properties may contain the mailbox name / Gmail account name regardless of the domain-related email address(es) you are using - just depends on if / how you choose to use / configure an app or not.

ionos.co.uk/dom…mes
Post a comment
@
    Text