does anyone know the cheapest way to get from

10 replies
Found 25th Feb 2009
london to leeds and back again on the 4th may?

9 Comments

walk, lol

Banned

Try National Express

Sorry, just the usual thoughts

Train Services: [url]www.nationalrail.co.uk[/url]
Coach Services: [url]www.nationalexpress.com[/url] / megabus.com/uk/
check if virgin trains do any of the £1 offers like they do from Manchester-London ??

I'd guess megabus will be cheapest, unless special offers avail elsewhere

Megabus ([url]www.megabus.com/uk[/url]), but you can't book yet as its too far in advance. Keep an eye on the site each day or so and you should be able to pick up £1 or £2 fares each way.

Original Poster

wickedteen;4485079

walk, lol

lol, thank you but my hubby wants to cover it all in just one day and he's never been a long distance runner :-D

rep added for makin me smile

thank you x x

Original Poster

ODB_69;4485121

Try National Express

Liddle ol' me;4485178

Sorry, just the usual thoughtsTrain Services: … Sorry, just the usual thoughtsTrain Services: [url]www.nationalrail.co.uk[/url] Coach Services: [url]www.nationalexpress.com[/url] / http://www.megabus.com/uk/check if virgin trains do any of the £1 offers like they do from Manchester-London ??I'd guess megabus will be cheapest, unless special offers avail elsewhere

aussiedogga;4485358

Megabus ([url]www.megabus.com/uk[/url]), but you can't book yet as its … Megabus ([url]www.megabus.com/uk[/url]), but you can't book yet as its too far in advance. Keep an eye on the site each day or so and you should be able to pick up £1 or £2 fares each way.

Thank you all for these. Had tried the trains and national express. Cant find any available special offers. Hubby doesn't want to drive it ( our car isn't that great either! ) Had never heard of megabus so i will take a look at that. Thank you all for your help x x x

Rep added to everyone

you could try hitch hiking or posting a request for a lift to leeds on this site. I have seen weirder requests.

otherwise look for one of those £1 bus promotions from megabus or somesuch.

You can get pretty cheap rail tickets from ]National Express - depart 6:00am or 8:10am and 8:40pm return and the tickets are £9.50 each way (£19 for both). Or £8.25 each way with a railcard.

If you decide to go by train, look at splitting the journey into 2...

Leeds - London goes via York, on 4th may is £66.00, yet if you buy a ticket for Leeds to York its £10.50, and a ticket for York to London, is £37.50...

£48.00 for the same journey

most long journeys have a change somewhere, always check how much tickets are separately
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions