Groups

does anyone know the name of a coldsore treatment?

some people told me the name of a coldsore treatment they get from their doctor( cant remember if a cream or tablet) for people who have coldsores alot...

Only asking as i can feel one and i always seem to get them just before i come on

Thanks in advance

19 Comments

zovirax xxxx

or fengel

Zavirex

Or get a small spoon, a bit of instant coffee and a couple of drops of water ( So its a paste) put it on as soon as you feel the twinge

works for me

compeed i used to use zovirax but your body gets immune to it!

Fenistill

Did you get your hair done?

ignore the troll below btw

Original Poster

boothy;7860325

FenistillDid you get your hair done?

yeah , but not bright blonde.. changed my mind... it is now a dark blonde/light brown with chunks of golden blonde:)

Banned

you suffered from them since you were a kid but dont know the names of any treatments?

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ca/canesten-cream.jpg

You want aciclovir - its the main ingredient in zovirax (thats a brand name and what you would purchase in a shop/chemist) and other common cold sore treatments

Dr should know what to give you though if you tell him you are having problems with coldsores

Original Poster

casparwhite;7860385

you suffered from them since you were a kid but dont know the names of … you suffered from them since you were a kid but dont know the names of any treatments?

No I noramally just put toothpaste on them so dry them out as things from boots never worked.

My OH does too and he bought a light machine from Boots that he reckons has really helped speed up the healing process and he says he gets less now! It's like a little torch and it cost about £30 I think.

Banned

Tinkytayls;7860410

No I noramally just put toothpaste on them so dry them out as things … No I noramally just put toothpaste on them so dry them out as things from boots never worked.

i quite like the tingly feeling you get from the cream in them little tubes.

zovirax

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;7860413

you sure its coldsore's and not herpe's

:roll: What a nob

whatsThePoint;7860413

you sure its coldsore's and not herpe's

its the same:roll:

Pics please

Banned

jasonrat;7860448

its the same:roll:

There are two types of herpes simplex virus.

HSV-1, which is the most common type, usually causes cold sores (oral herpes).

HSV-2 usually causes genital herpes. But both types can infect any area of the skin or mucous membranes.

coldsores=herpes

casparwhite;7860385

you suffered from them since you were a kid but dont know the names of … you suffered from them since you were a kid but dont know the names of any treatments?

Canesten is to treat fungal infections eg thrush, athletes foot etc. A cold sore is not a fungus it is a virus. This is the wrong treatment

[QUOTE=boothy;7860325]Fenistill
    the best imo

kelly_o_fanatic;7860399

You want aciclovir - its the main ingredient in zovirax (thats a brand … You want aciclovir - its the main ingredient in zovirax (thats a brand name and what you would purchase in a shop/chemist) and other common cold sore treatmentsDr should know what to give you though if you tell him you are having problems with coldsores

thats what I take, get the tablets from the docs
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2971040
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?33178
      3. New Nintendo 3DS XL – SNES Edition available in UK from October1124
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764571

See more discussions