Does anyone know the name of this plant & how to save it?

This plant is in the front garden of a house I've recently moved into. I'm not really a gardener, but have vowed to keep the garden looking presentable. However I have no idea what this plant is called, or what to do to look after it (ignoring the obvious - watering etc) before it dies completely (if it is not dead already!).

13 Comments

Original Poster

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz241/Pr3cious18/IMAG0048.jpg

Banned

Ian

Looks more like a Steve to me

Looks like a Yucca

Banned

Dave

Original Poster

patience_1

Looks like a Yucca

Thanks a bunch... I have googled the name - think you may be right

*Ignoring all other comments*

Banned

Serious answer:

If it is a yucca, then get the saw out and chop it right down. My parents had one for years and when it looked like it was dead, they'd saw it down to a 1 foot stump and it would re-grow in no time. These little buggers are impossible to kill and keep going forever.

Do a Google search on it, there's loads of info out there.

looks like a cordaillie m8 and it has gone for a burton due to the cold weather wont restore trust me i had 8 now none after this cold weather here in scotland

also yuccas you got be really careful with what pops out if your unlucky

Original Poster

singer

looks like a cordaillie m8 and it has gone for a burton due to the cold … looks like a cordaillie m8 and it has gone for a burton due to the cold weather wont restore trust me i had 8 now none after this cold weather here in scotland

Definitely looks more like the one you mentioned than the Yucca... Thank you

Laffy42

you need chesso & this thread … you need chesso & this thread ...http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/over-the-garden-fence-2011-chat-adv/840255

Da da daaaa.... here I am to save the day (_;)

It's a Cordyline.

Have alook at this thread and the links to another thread therein!

Not sure about saving it, it needs putting out of its misery imo.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Ebid over Ebay55
    2. First 2 lucky people.33
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!1516
    4. Sad news about Barcelona1527

See more discussions