Groups

Does anyone know the standard for bbqs on beaches

Im planning a bbq in the gower and wanted to check it was legal to have a bbq on the beach.

15 Comments

Banned

I think its ok to have one of those throwaway ones but you cannot start fires / bbqs on a beach

yeh just take your stuff away with you and dont line the bottom with slate stones as they blow up and splinter your food with stones

I have had a disposable bbq on the beach before and no-one batted an eyelid. I did feel a bit bad though that the smoke was blowing onto other families!

I would be tempted to phone the (local Gower) police & ask them for advice - this will also stop fire engines being called out to ' a fire on the beach'.

Original Poster

yea i wouldnt normally bother but as its the Gower they might be annoyed. I will try thanks for all the advice

Banned

phone the council, not the police.

Why would you bother ?

Just take it & have some fun !!

We've even improvised once on the beach, made a fire, cut open some empty beer cans length ways, and cooked sausages in it. Yummy

sausage in bitter....can't see it taking off;-)

We only live about 40 minutes from Sandbanks and last summer spent a fair bit of time going down to the beach in the late afternoon. We joined the blatant families of fellow barbequers - i don't think the authorities are to concerned about disposible barbies on the beach if the site is left as it was found - there is not too many combustible materiels - the beach is made up of sand, and edged by water - by i guess different authorites may have an alternative view...

I live near the gower & have used a disposable BBQ without any problem - as long as you take it all away with you at the end.
    Cheers
    John

Banned

what is the gower?

Bit of advice. If you use a disposable or even one of those small portable bbq on the sand - the sand underneath gets unbelievably hot !! I picked ours up after a bbq at St Andrews last year and noticed the sand felt warm - poured water on the area and it was like an explosion of steam.

If one of the kids had run over the area after we had moved the gear - I dread to think what the results would have been.

Bury or cool the sand with water.

jizzm;2050197

what is the gower?

Exactly what I was going to ask?

And welcome John60.

jizzm;2050197

what is the gower?

Pokey out bit on the bottom left of Wales (I think)

Original Poster

best beaches in wales
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …5598
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?34206
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846260
      4. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1021

See more discussions