Groups
    EXPIRED

Does anyone know their dongles? Help desperately sought please :o)

Hi everyone!

We have a lovely friend who is stuck in Bognor without broadband access and only a mobile phone for communication. We're brassic but he's even more brassic than us and so my husband would like to try and get him connected to the internet and help subsidise it if we can. Which is a bit scary but he is a lovely friend and we do worry.

Someone recently mentioned dongles - can anyone please give me the basics on them and whether this might be a good option? He doesn't have a landline, as BT disconnected him (cough) and so it SEEMS like an ideal option.

All advice welcomed! I have no idea where to start. I'm googling and finding it more and more confusing the more I google.

Many thanks everyone
    Best wishes
    Lucy

6 Comments

Original Poster

lovemoney.com/new…spx I have found this but I'm wondering now whether PAYG might be better than the contract option..and although it seems 3 are the cheapest..I'm worried as I have a mobile with them with crap coverage. Hmm..

Again, thanks folk, all advice welcomed! xx

Try each website postcode checker for their Broadband coverage. they are all pretty naff outside of the main cities!

Banned

I'm not talking about my dongles with YOU!

Original Poster

Pluun;5073839

I'm not talking about my dongles with YOU!

Awww...go on! ;-)

Have tried the broadband checker on 3 and it seems to say that he's in a very good area for it. I checked mobile reception for my area too though and it says that I should be getting good reception, but it's rubbish! :thinking:

All suggestions welcomed!

Hi, Vodaphone do a dongle for 39.99. Most of the catalogues have it and there are plenty of codes going about for money off ie littlwoods/additions etc. You could add something to ur order and use the £20 off a £40 spend. This comes topped up with £15 included to use whenever, there is no expiry on it. So ur pal could go on the net for say 5 hours one night then maybe not again til the next week etc until the £15 allowance is used up. I bought my kids this to take to their grans. they used it for 3 hours and the credit is still £14.52 or something so if ur pals a light user it should last a wee while. the vodaphone website has a checker to see if it would work in his area although i think as long as you get a mobile signal it should be ok...HTH

Original Poster

lola;5074324

Hi, Vodaphone do a dongle for 39.99. Most of the catalogues have it and … Hi, Vodaphone do a dongle for 39.99. Most of the catalogues have it and there are plenty of codes going about for money off ie littlwoods/additions etc. You could add something to ur order and use the £20 off a £40 spend. This comes topped up with £15 included to use whenever, there is no expiry on it. So ur pal could go on the net for say 5 hours one night then maybe not again til the next week etc until the £15 allowance is used up. I bought my kids this to take to their grans. they used it for 3 hours and the credit is still £14.52 or something so if ur pals a light user it should last a wee while. the vodaphone website has a checker to see if it would work in his area although i think as long as you get a mobile signal it should be ok...HTH

Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you!

I've ordered one and managed to get that and some £6 Fudge hair conditioner (as you do) to take it over £40, total order inc delivery is £27odd.

He is going to be ecstatic!!!

Heat and rep given everyone! Especially for Lola who has made my day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love from Lucy x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men33
      2. Hard drive 'died'(?), what can I do? (for computer wizards please!)510
      3. Xbox one region locked codes?22
      4. Phone "Upgrade"36

See more discussions