Does anyone know trade in value for PS VITA?

Found 13th Jan 2013
Hi guys,

Does anybody know how much credit a PS VITA is worth, at any store? The only value I can find is HMV, which is £90. I want to get rid of mine for a 3DS XL, and just found out if I got one before Tuesday I can get a free download game, so eBay isn't really an option unless the credit options are really terrible.

I've got a 16gb card too, I don't know if stores have any policies on factoring them in?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Community Updates
MiscPS4PS Vita
25 Comments
Banned
tree fiddy the last time I checked
Original Poster
Yeah Wifi. I've taken a look on eBay and the prices are obviously better than that, although they seem to vary quite a lot. I have a follow up question too : would it be better to eBay the card and Vita together, or separately?
Original Poster
fanpages

[ http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719206828 ]---Playstation [sic] … [ http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719206828 ]---Playstation [sic] Vita 16GB MemoryCeX stores sell: £32.00CeX stores buy for cash: £19.00 CeX Stores give exchange value: £24.00---

Do places like GAME take memory cards?
Banned
Or trade it for a leap pad
Banned
fanpages

LeapFrog.

Leap pad are a better option ..
Original Poster
fanpages

I thought eBay was not an option for you.Selling the console with a … I thought eBay was not an option for you.Selling the console with a memory card (minimum: 4GB) is going to attract a wider audience, but adding a 16GB card may diminish the quantity of those willing to bid (as they may have a restricted budget).If you are creative with the auction item description, you can state a case for a larger memory card & hopefully gain more interested parties.

It's an option, but more of a 'last resort'. I'd like a free download copy of Layton, but if I can't get the funds through trade ins, then eBay is the route to go. Thanks for your input though, that's what I wasn't sure about. Stating the case for the larger memory card might be a good option.
Edited by: "McPoo" 13th Jan 2013
dog_cop

Leap pad are a better option ..

Or perhaps one of these instead:

http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/zoom/e6e2_etchasketch_ipad_case.jpg
Banned
fanpages

Or perhaps one of these instead:

Seems legit
Banned
Seeing there are at a quick look over 350 vita's for sale quite a few with no bids , I think being very very creative on an auction would be a must
Original Poster
fanpages

Try calling your local Blockbuster store &/or GAME store to ask for a … Try calling your local Blockbuster store &/or GAME store to ask for a rough idea of a trade-in price there as well.

Good call on Blockbuster actually, forgot about them. GAME won't give prices over the phone unfortunately, they said put the barcode in on their site, but it doesn't seem to do anything >_
Banned
fanpages

That's right. I am not mentioning your spelling now.

My speel cheekker is bust
Original Poster
fanpages

What barcode are you attempting to use?

POS bar code off the side of the box.
Original Poster
fanpages

...and the numbers in order are what?

Oops, sorry! 711719180593. Thanks for your help by the way, it's much appreciated
Original Poster
I'll give Blckbuster a call in a bit I think, and I'll try GAME again and explain that the website doesn't have a price for it. eBay sounds like it might be a bit of a hard sell, with so many of them out there. Could always trade the vita and eBay the memory card though.
Well Game will give £121 trade in as they'll beat Cex by a squiddly diddly. Unless they have promotion on for extra 20% or whatever. That'll be in their deals section on the website.

Original Poster
gmdlogan

Well Game will give £121 trade in as they'll beat Cex by a squiddly … Well Game will give £121 trade in as they'll beat Cex by a squiddly diddly. Unless they have promotion on for extra 20% or whatever. That'll be in their deals section on the website.

I think they only do it if it's in a mile radius of the store. Chester only has HMV, Blockbuster and GAME >_
Original Poster
fanpages

Griffs Swap Shop & Joe's Trading Place (both on Brook Street in Chester) … Griffs Swap Shop & Joe's Trading Place (both on Brook Street in Chester) may give you a price for your console.

Cheers, will ask on my way to work tomorrow
Original Poster
Just in case anyone's interested, or for future reference:

GAME give £95 credit or £81 cash for the console, memory cards need to be scanned in store to find a price (had to explain to him the website barcode reader didn't have a price)

Blockbuster give the same in credit, I didn't get a cash price from them. Same rules for the memory card too.
Not sure why anyone would want to trade a Vita for a 3DS but Cex is probably you're best best.
Original Poster
subway

Not sure why anyone would want to trade a Vita for a 3DS but Cex is … Not sure why anyone would want to trade a Vita for a 3DS but Cex is probably you're best best.

The Vita has fantastic hardware, but the games, both current and upcoming just aren't that great. I've had a few excellent games on it, but not enough to warrant keeping it.
Original Poster
subway

Not sure why anyone would want to trade a Vita for a 3DS but Cex is … Not sure why anyone would want to trade a Vita for a 3DS but Cex is probably you're best best.

McPoo

The Vita has fantastic hardware, but the games, both current and … The Vita has fantastic hardware, but the games, both current and upcoming just aren't that great. I've had a few excellent games on it, but not enough to warrant keeping it.

Umm...

- Uncharted*
- FIFA*
- Rayman
- Unit 13
- MGS HD*
- Gravity Rush
- AC: L*
- Reality Fighters
- Resistance

There's more, I can't think of them off the top of my head though. The ones with asterisks are the only ones I really enjoyed, the rest range from being a bit meh, to downright terrible (Resistance).
Original Poster
fanpages

I have not played any of those (even though I have owned "Uncharted: … I have not played any of those (even though I have owned "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" & "Rayman Origins" since the day of their release) but I have played others.I presume you have seen this recent "Misc" thread:"Is the PS Vita a dead console already?"I have listed some of the future titles (scheduled for release in 2013) within a comment there.

Uncharted is very good, you should play it!

I do know what's coming out (I frequent Gamefaqs), and I was originally planning on waiting until E3 before making my decision, but seeing how far the trade in value has dropped already, and how few upcoming releases actually interest me, I've decided to cut my losses and get out. Sony seem to be pinning all their hopes for the first half of the year on Soul Sacrifice, a game (and genre) which I just don't find interesting at all. As far as announced games with release dates are confirmed, the only one I'd consider getting is Sly, and that's on PS3 too.
Original Poster
fanpages

Yes, "Demon's Souls"/"Dark Souls"/"Soul Sacrifice" do not interest me … Yes, "Demon's Souls"/"Dark Souls"/"Soul Sacrifice" do not interest me either. Well, any (MMO)Role Playing Games I find uninteresting.As I mentioned in the above thread, I have far too many games that I have not started (for the PlayStation Vita as well as every other games console I own, plus many PC format titles), so I probably have more than enough to last me until the start of 2014 (if not beyond) anyway.Good luck with your visit to Brook Street tomorrow.

Cheers! Thanks again for all your help
Original Poster
Ended up getting just over £150 for the console, memory card, a cheap case and Reality Fighters I paid £2 for in the Currys sale, so I'm fairly pleased with that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants