does anyone know what cex will offer for a nintendo switch?

Found 2nd Mar 2017
Wondering if there's any profit to be made?
Community Updates
86 Comments
The CEX facebook page has the following

With the release of the awesome new console from Nintendo, we would like to advise you that you can trade in your Nintendo Switch and accessories in all of our stores nationwide. The pricing on these will be volatile, so to get an accurate buy and sell price please visit your local store.
Find your nearest store HERE: webuy.com/stores
You might be better off with eBay if you're trying to sell it off. One reason being that as the console is a limited quantity it's more likely to get you more than cex. now I could be wrong but considering that the nes classic sold and still sells well over the odds of its actual rrp then it's safe to assume the switch will likely do the same.
These are still readily available not a limited quantity, so hope you were not looking to make a profit from it, Nintendo, GAME, Very, Toys R US all still have stock for release day. With only really Zelda the big title on launch, highly unlikely they will go out of stock.
Retr0Gamer

These are still readily available not a limited quantity, so hope you … These are still readily available not a limited quantity, so hope you were not looking to make a profit from it, Nintendo, GAME, Very, Toys R US all still have stock for release day. With only really Zelda the big title on launch, highly unlikely they will go out of stock.

Agreed, still available in a number of places so I wouldn't think cex would pay more. If they do it will be minimal. If you had a neon coloured console they have sold on eBay for 80ish above rrp but still, after eBay a dlot paypal fees,then postage there's no point.I wouldn't personally waste my time unless it was for 60+ at more.
Edited by: "nrackham76" 2nd Mar 2017
Retr0Gamer

These are still readily available not a limited quantity, so hope you … These are still readily available not a limited quantity, so hope you were not looking to make a profit from it, Nintendo, GAME, Very, Toys R US all still have stock for release day. With only really Zelda the big title on launch, highly unlikely they will go out of stock.

Are you sure about that? Do Very really have stock?
Original Poster
I have 3 preordered at game, hoping I could get a small profit on 2 to bring down price of mine

I made £65 profit on Xbox one s, would be happy with even half that this time round
Jay080286

Are you sure about that? Do Very really have stock?

Very are all out but stick is constantly appearing for launch. TESCO did too yesterday evening. I'll update lafter of where stock is available
nrackham76

Very are all out but stick is constantly appearing for launch. TESCO did … Very are all out but stick is constantly appearing for launch. TESCO did too yesterday evening. I'll update lafter of where stock is available

I've got mine pre ordered btw! Just asking chap! Thanks
Looks like cex are starting to show the prices for the switch now

uk.webuy.com/sea…on=
Original Poster
Naive

You think cex will pay over rrp for anything

I got £265 for Xbox one s, which I bought for £200, sold FIFA code for £30.
Naive

I can say categorically that they are paying £300 for a Switch tomorrow, unless they change overnight, which they won't! Prices will change through the day though!!!
tomwatts

I can say categorically that they are paying £300 for a Switch tomorrow, … I can say categorically that they are paying £300 for a Switch tomorrow, unless they change overnight, which they won't! Prices will change through the day though!!!

As soon as its live you can sell via online and you can then take it in within 10 days, seems like a good shout for an easy £20
nrackham76

As soon as its live you can sell via online and you can then take it in … As soon as its live you can sell via online and you can then take it in within 10 days, seems like a good shout for an easy £20

If it's anything like other console releases they won't put it online for a couple of weeks to avoid exactly that!
Can I go instore and get a price as the site doesn't list them
Andyr330

Can I go instore and get a price as the site doesn't list them

Yes it should be on the board at the door
Naive

They paid me 390 for a PSVR...
anyone tried their luck yet?
Original Poster
Going to try in a couple hours, I'll let you know what they're offering
coullgfx

Going to try in a couple hours, I'll let you know what they're offering

Thank you
NeO_Sk8eR

Thank you

Was still £300 this morning, am heading back in later this afternoon and hoping it's still the same!!!
tomwatts

Was still £300 this morning, am heading back in later this afternoon and … Was still £300 this morning, am heading back in later this afternoon and hoping it's still the same!!!

Cash or voucher?
Only £300?
is that cash?
Cash (voucher is same price), and yes. It's not out of stock and it's not the most desirable thing at the minute. Can confirm it's £300 for both colours as of 1:50pm!
Edited by: "tomwatts" 3rd Mar 2017
Great. Will be going into town tomorrow. Will either take it to cex or return it to argos for a refund.
HXCMARC

Great. Will be going into town tomorrow. Will either take it to cex or … Great. Will be going into town tomorrow. Will either take it to cex or return it to argos for a refund.

ditto
Still £300 but our local has stopped taking them in following orders from head office. Beware!
Edited by: "tomwatts" 3rd Mar 2017
So if they're offering £300, what are they selling them for?
PLEYOR

So if they're offering £300, what are they selling them for?

£350
tomwatts

£350

Typical CeX (_;)
PLEYOR

Typical CeX (_;)

business wants to make money shock horror, more at 11
tomwatts

Still £300 but our local has stopped taking them in following orders from … Still £300 but our local has stopped taking them in following orders from head office. Beware!

Which store is that?
Original Poster
£300 at my local
coullgfx

£300 at my local

Are they still taking them in?
Original Poster
sm182

Are they still taking them in?

Yeah they were in Glenrothes, fife
benjammin316

business wants to make money shock horror, more at 11

By selling at over inflated prices.
PLEYOR

By selling at over inflated prices.

no one is forced to shop there though
benjammin316

no one is forced to shop there though

No, that much is true.

Disappointing though, I haven't heard of shortages, so I am not sure how much of a wise move this is for CeX.
PLEYOR

No, that much is true. Disappointing though, I haven't heard of … No, that much is true. Disappointing though, I haven't heard of shortages, so I am not sure how much of a wise move this is for CeX.

I assume it is mainly for people who are trading stuff in. I know game price match, but not everyone knows that.
HXCMARC

I assume it is mainly for people who are trading stuff in. I know game … I assume it is mainly for people who are trading stuff in. I know game price match, but not everyone knows that.

Apparently Game stopped price matching on Monday, or so I was told this morning.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants