Does anyone know what competitor John Lewis are price matching today?

Posted 16th Dec 2018
Does anyone know what competitor John Lewis are price matching today?
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
Hight street retailers, same as usual, as stated at johnlewis.com/cus…old
"...They have premises on a high street or comparable shopping destination, which are freely open to the public on the UK mainland. They stock a reasonable range of goods for customers to buy and take away, with clearly displayed prices. Their websites trade under the same brand and on the same basis as their high street shops.
Businesses that trade on a different basis to John Lewis & Partners are not deemed comparable high street competitors. These include outlets that operate only on the internet or through mail-order, showrooms attached to internet-only companies, collection points, auction sites, factory outlets, membership clubs, duty-free shops, market stalls or home shopping channels. Also, we don’t match competitors who are in administration or closing down..."
Can you make your money in US dollars instead of pounds. Thank you...
AndyRoyd16/12/2018 16:10

Hight street retailers, same as usual, as stated at …Hight street retailers, same as usual, as stated at https://www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/never-knowingly-undersold"...They have premises on a high street or comparable shopping destination, which are freely open to the public on the UK mainland. They stock a reasonable range of goods for customers to buy and take away, with clearly displayed prices. Their websites trade under the same brand and on the same basis as their high street shops. Businesses that trade on a different basis to John Lewis & Partners are not deemed comparable high street competitors. These include outlets that operate only on the internet or through mail-order, showrooms attached to internet-only companies, collection points, auction sites, factory outlets, membership clubs, duty-free shops, market stalls or home shopping channels. Also, we don’t match competitors who are in administration or closing down..."

That's their Never Knowingly Undersold, not the same as their We Are Price Matching A Competitor promos.

What are they price matching today? Normally it's on the home page and would be HoF, Debenhams, Clarins etc. Is it a type of product specifically?
windym16/12/2018 16:27

That's their Never Knowingly Undersold, not the same as their We Are Price …That's their Never Knowingly Undersold, not the same as their We Are Price Matching A Competitor promos.What are they price matching today? Normally it's on the home page and would be HoF, Debenhams, Clarins etc. Is it a type of product specifically?

They say that every day on their website but I never can see who it is!
jamie1516/12/2018 16:30

They say that every day on their website but I never can see who it is!

No they don't say it every day.

I have found it. OP, is it Selfridges?

36542859-gxUZu.jpg

windym16/12/2018 16:27

That's their Never Knowingly Undersold, not the same as their We Are Price …That's their Never Knowingly Undersold, not the same as their We Are Price Matching A Competitor promos....

The quoted reference is the t&c for JLs definition of "Price Match". If a competitor has a promo, JLs "Price Match" t&c apply.
AndyRoyd16/12/2018 16:35

The quoted reference is the t&c for JLs definition of "Price Match". If a …The quoted reference is the t&c for JLs definition of "Price Match". If a competitor has a promo, JLs "Price Match" t&c apply.

Their Price Match is instant and means their prices are matching and have been adjusted. Their NKU is something else. You have to apply for that using their online form.
So they aren't the same.
windym16/12/2018 16:35

No they don't say it every day.I have found it. OP, is it …No they don't say it every day.I have found it. OP, is it Selfridges?[Image]

I don't use the website often but every time I have visited it this year I have seen the same thing on the homepage, I stand corrected.
deleted1858318
Any retailer that has a high street presence they’ll match. Is there something particular you are looking at?
jamie1516th Dec 2018

I don't use the website often but every time I have visited it this year I …I don't use the website often but every time I have visited it this year I have seen the same thing on the homepage, I stand corrected.

They do it often and you are right it's usually on the homepage. It's an instant match to the lowest price they can find, unlike their NKU pledge.

The beauty of the price match is you can sometimes get the best price, cashback/airmiles portal bonuses and an extended warranty (if it's electrical). Whereas on their normal NKU you have to buy and get a refund when they've agreed the pledge and I find my Avios points get refunded in full on the pledge refund.
windym16/12/2018 16:36

Their Price Match is instant and means their prices are matching and have …Their Price Match is instant and means their prices are matching and have been adjusted. Their NKU is something else. You have to apply for that using their online form.So they aren't the same.

JL infer otherwise by providing a "Claim a price match" button on the "Price Match" t&c page:

36543068-YXQsd.jpg

AndyRoyd16/12/2018 16:44

JL infer otherwise by providing a "Claim a price match" button on the …JL infer otherwise by providing a "Claim a price match" button on the "Price Match" t&c page:[Image]

deleted185831816/12/2018 16:40

Any retailer that has a high street presence they’ll match. Is there s …Any retailer that has a high street presence they’ll match. Is there something particular you are looking at?

I have no desire to get embroiled in an argument with you, but they are different. For the KNU you need to fill in a form, state your price match competitor and wait 24-72 hours, sometimes longer. If paying online, you pay the full price and then they will refund the difference after you've taken delivery.

With a Competitor Price Match, it's instant. The item price has already been reduced. No reclaim, no form filling.

I can't make you grasp the difference. Perhaps try it and see.
deleted1858318
windym16/12/2018 16:48

I have no desire to get embroiled in an argument with you, but they are …I have no desire to get embroiled in an argument with you, but they are different. For the KNU you need to fill in a form, state your price match competitor and wait 24-72 hours, sometimes longer. If paying online, you pay the full price and then they will refund the difference after you've taken delivery. With a Competitor Price Match, it's instant. The item price has already been reduced. No reclaim, no form filling.I can't make you grasp the difference. Perhaps try it and see.

Somebody is an angry little elf today
deleted185831816/12/2018 16:51

Somebody is an angry little elf today

I don't think he is, he just doesn't understand the difference.
windym16/12/2018 16:56

I don't think he is, he just doesn't understand the difference.

The lack of understanding is more appropriately applicable to the implied assumption that my username requires a male persona reference rather than a female one. Andrew / Andrea. Equally implied is the name of my rival sibling: Ios.
AndyRoyd1 h, 0 m ago

The lack of understanding is more appropriately applicable to the implied …The lack of understanding is more appropriately applicable to the implied assumption that my username requires a male persona reference rather than a female one. Andrew / Andrea. Equally implied is the name of my rival sibling: Ios.

No implication, assumption and certainly no misunderstanding. As I said, it's not a disagreement between us (although you seem to want to make it one).....you got it wrong.

Andy, Andrew, Andrea or Andy Pandy.....it matters not to me, but it may matter to your sibling; and perhaps no surprise they are your rival.
Jackie_Damphier3 h, 52 m ago

Can you make your money in US dollars instead of pounds. Thank you...

This is hot UK deals so why would it be in $??
AndyRoyd1 h, 6 m ago

The lack of understanding is more appropriately applicable to the implied …The lack of understanding is more appropriately applicable to the implied assumption that my username requires a male persona reference rather than a female one. Andrew / Andrea. Equally implied is the name of my rival sibling: Ios.

AndyRoyd3 h, 40 m ago

The quoted reference is the t&c for JLs definition of "Price Match". If a …The quoted reference is the t&c for JLs definition of "Price Match". If a competitor has a promo, JLs "Price Match" t&c apply.

Are you for real?

Have you done a match with JL? It requires a lot of email/form filling. Their Price Match as per post with screenshot is not the same.

From what I can see the OP asked a question as to who the price match was with (Selfridges I think) and you seem to have swallowed a dictionary and spat it out in reverse.....read your posts, they make no sense.

Oh and Merry Christmas.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants