Groups

Does anyone know what MN OPW or RW OP mean on a Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Guitar mean?

Anyone got any idea what the abbreviations of MN OPW or RW OP mean when searching for an American Deluxe Fender Stratocaster Guitar? I am looking to buy one, but so many sites have different abbreviations, and I cant find out what they mean.

Any clues guys?

10 Comments

Think RW is Rosewood?

And OPW Olympic White possibly as in the colour of the guitar.

Original Poster

hornblowerracing;5175035

MN for Maple Neck. lolI looked at this … MN for Maple Neck. lolI looked at this site:http://uk.shopping.com/-fender+strat+deluxe

Great, pretty obvious really!! What does HSS mean then, as there are 2 at the Reverb Store which one has HSS and the other doesn't. Any clues?? Not much difference in price.

Spoke to the old man - he said that an HSC is a hard shell case - so perhaps it is hard shell something or the other :whistling:

aliandk;5175239

Great, pretty obvious really!! What does HSS mean then, as there are 2 at … Great, pretty obvious really!! What does HSS mean then, as there are 2 at the Reverb Store which one has HSS and the other doesn't. Any clues?? Not much difference in price.

Humbucker - Singlecoil - Singlecoil. Basically, a fatstrat with a humbucker in the bridge position.

It's a Humbucker / Single /Single

An abbreviation for the pick up set up from bridge to neck etc ;-)

maxmix

edit.... DXX Never saw your post :-)

Original Poster

maxmix;5175506

It's a Humbucker / Single /Single An abbreviation for the pick up set up … It's a Humbucker / Single /Single An abbreviation for the pick up set up from bridge to neck etc ;-)maxmixedit.... DXX Never saw your post :-)

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.....off to buy a Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster today!!

aliandk;5178526

Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.....off to buy a Fender American … Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.....off to buy a Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster today!!

Before you lay the cash down, give a G&L Tribute a try first. They're built by Leo Fender's other company and use American-made parts constructed in Korea to cut staffing costs, and they have neat little advantages like better pickups and a magic little switch thing that lets you enable all three pickups or the bridge and the neck, giving you:

B
    M
    N
    B+M
    M+N
    B+M+N
    B+N

whereas the Fender strat only gives you the top five of those pickup combos. They're far harder to find than Fender strats, but if you can find one in a local shop, it's well worth a shot.

Original Poster

hi, has anyone out there tried or have got a fender american strat hss. if so what is it like to play and is it ok for playing blues, as i know that this guitar is a rock guitar. cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are the free antivirus any good?56
      2. Currys Return33
      3. How long do CEX take to process a bank transfer?87
      4. I would not recommend anyone to buy tickets in viagogo33

See more discussions