Does anyone know what these Diamond Cable Boxes are in my house?

Found 16th Sep 2017
2791789-k2mE8.jpgDoes anyone know what these boxes are? I think they might be for cable tv or virgin media or something? I don't need them. Is it ok just to unscrew and remove them? Or are they electrical at all?2791789-AaCSr.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Diamond cable are from the 90s. They were subsequently acquired by NTL, and now Virgin Media.

Given their age, I'd be highly surprised if they were still connected at the cabinet, but there's nothing running through then that is dangerous.
AFAIK (and yes I could be wrong)

There should be a black/brown box on the exterior of the property that these are connected to

The top pic looks like it's an extension from the main phoneline which would normally be on the inside wall of the black/brown box on the outside.

The bottom pic will be the network (tv/broadband connection) again fed from the outside black/brown box

HTH
Best just to leave them as you might need them in the future. I've left my old BT system in the house even though I'm with virgin and use DECT for my line. Probably switch to voip at some point.
They're for Virgin Media, They're totally safe to remove, Should you ever switch to Virgin media in the future they'll just install new ones. Obviously any self install options would no longer be an option but that might apply anyway. They often charge £60+ for an activation charge when joining them.
Ok thank you. I might keep the diamond phone line box then - in case I ever get virgin media fibre broadband. I'll probably get rid of the aerial socket though.
richardm8617th Sep

Ok thank you. I might keep the diamond phone line box then - in case I …Ok thank you. I might keep the diamond phone line box then - in case I ever get virgin media fibre broadband. I'll probably get rid of the aerial socket though.

That f-type socket is your broadband connection so I would key that too unless it's in the wrong place.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants