Does anyone know what this is fitted on neighbours door?

25 replies
Found 16th Feb
My neighbour moved out and the council fitted one of these to the frame of the door, looks like some kind of lock but it's fitted at a weird angle?

1. Ask
  2. Door
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Door
25 Comments

Original Poster

http://i66.tinypic.com/295sewj.jpg

I know you haven't uploaded a picture but I'm going to have a guess it's one of these in the picture below.

https://www.davstarsecurity.com/img/keysafe-overdoor-header.jpg

Similar thing. It's for keys so anyone working in or on the house can have a key and leave it there for the next person who will need access to the property.

Original Poster

Oh right, ahhh. Is this a permanent fixture then? Or will it be removed when a new tenant moves in?

dark_like_vader

Normally placed on properties where the occupier is unable to answer the door. People such as Carers, Police, Fire, Ambulance are given the code when attending the property.
Cheers

dark_like_vader

Oh right, ahhh. Is this a permanent fixture then? Or will it be removed … Oh right, ahhh. Is this a permanent fixture then? Or will it be removed when a new tenant moves in?

It will be moved once a new tenant has moved in to the property.

Banned

MickyD

Normally placed on properties where the occupier is unable to answer the … Normally placed on properties where the occupier is unable to answer the door. People such as Carers, Police, Fire, Ambulance are given the code when attending the property.Cheers

It will be for tradespeople.

It will be on a council/housing association house.

& yes when a new tennant moves in it will be removed

If a disabled person moves in It could stay for the carers to get in.
Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 16th Feb

Original Poster

Thanks for the much needed clarity

Donald Trump is moving into that house and that is the key pad to launch all out nuclear strikes against the rest of the world.

As bout as safe as putting a key under the door mat or flower pot.

rhinopaul

​Do people do that still ? kinda nulls your insurance

rhinopaul

Super safe then.

Cheers

kester76

we use them for tradesmen purposes at work. hammer and screwdriver will open it in seconds. absolutely rubbish for security.

The keys to the property are stored inside and workmen are given the code to access the key so they can gain entry and carry out any work needed.

rhinopaul

​Why is it not safe?

kester76

Thats why first thing you do is smash a window

Nice post. You learn something new everyday.

It is either temporary while they do up the house - or it is permanent and the new tenant is disabled.

matthews9479

we use them for tradesmen purposes at work. hammer and screwdriver will … we use them for tradesmen purposes at work. hammer and screwdriver will open it in seconds. absolutely rubbish for security.

​Hammer and screwdriver would get through many locks in seconds too!

These are for carers so they can let themselves in when the people they are caring for can't get about properly. 2 of my daughters do care in the community and use these frequently. Forgot to say the door key is stored inside as others have already said.
Edited by: "VCB-160" 17th Feb

It's a" keysafe "

Hi
I worked in void security and that is a key safe, the keys to the property are kept inside and are obtained by punching in a code, it's so that tradesmen and council officials etc can gain access without having to go searching for keys!
Edited by: "JOHNNY_WILKINSON" 17th Feb

It's a flux keypacitor

caroline777upnorth

It is either temporary while they do up the house - or it is permanent … It is either temporary while they do up the house - or it is permanent and the new tenant is disabled.

so its either temporary or permanent. thats good to know.......

ibblackberry1

so its either temporary or permanent. thats good to know.......

Might be either,
or not,
( temporary that is ).
Maybe.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11