Does anyone know what trades or services i need to put an outdoor tap?

Does anyone know how much it would cost??

26 Comments

plumber.

£100 fitted

davewave

plumber.

​damn, you beat me to it

davewave

plumber.

This

carpenter

elliott1982

carpenter

Try again

Plumber.As for price how long is a piece of string. Through a wall behind a current outlet like sink or washing machine should be pretty cheap. If it involves lots of cutting and pipework then considerably more.

mutley1

Try again

​roofer?

elliott1982

​roofer?

You're getting closer X)

Candle stick maker?

Error440

Candle stick maker?

Getting cold again X)

You can buy Diy ready made kits pretty cheap have a look at utube for how to do it

Had a leaflet posted through my door the other day about this, they were charging £69..

Banned

chocci

£100 fitted

Depends where they want it placed & where the water supply is.

If its straight forward then yep circa £100

I paid £45 for mine to be fitted. Make sure they use a non-return valve in the tap. I think £100 is a little steep.

Simple DIY job.

anjasola

Simple DIY job.

Only if you have all the right tools

E.g. Pipe cutter, 15mm masonry drill etc etc

chocci

Only if you have all the right toolsE.g. Pipe cutter, 15mm masonry … Only if you have all the right toolsE.g. Pipe cutter, 15mm masonry drill etc etc

Also it the water is anywhere near where you want it.

Putting a tap in the back of a town house when the kitchen and bathroom is in the front. Chipping out the concrete floor or piping it down the wall from the loft is certainly not an easy job.

Original Poster

thanks everyone for your info I'll look into it now can't be doing with filling the pool up with buckets takes to long.

Check out your local paper, a couple of ads in mine charging £ 45

Banned

chocci

Only if you have all the right toolsE.g. Pipe cutter, 15mm masonry … Only if you have all the right toolsE.g. Pipe cutter, 15mm masonry drill etc etc

Wrong.......

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Also if the water is anywhere near where you want it.Putting a tap in the … Also if the water is anywhere near where you want it.Putting a tap in the back of a town house when the kitchen and bathroom is in the front. Chipping out the concrete floor or piping it down the wall from the loft is certainly not an easy job.

Right..........

You could get one of the new wifi taps which doesn't need plumbing. Cost more for the tap but will be easy to fit it yourself.

YouDontWantToKnow

Wrong.......

'bit' was in the etc

pan1100

You can buy Diy ready made kits pretty cheap have a look at utube for how … You can buy Diy ready made kits pretty cheap have a look at utube for how to do it

​used one myself. Just involves connecting a valve to an excisting supply pipe, and a cutting screw thing inside it, just cutts into the pipe and seals at same time. Very quick and easy as long as its near to where you need the pipe to go through the wall.

Rich069

​used one myself. Just involves connecting a valve to an excisting supply … ​used one myself. Just involves connecting a valve to an excisting supply pipe, and a cutting screw thing inside it, just cutts into the pipe and seals at same time. Very quick and easy as long as its near to where you need the pipe to go through the wall.

​just one example.

diy.com/dep…ack
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which Smart Watch for Running?25
    2. Which Camera?!!!22
    3. Kodi - £ Sports Recommendations1014
    4. Sky or Virgin?1418

See more discussions