Groups

Does anyone know when the right to buy on private housing association is coming into effect?

Hi Guys

I rent an Affinity Sutton property and I've been living in it for above 30 years

I've heard of the right to buy but as Affinity Sutton is a private housing association it does not cover under the normal right to buy, I remember seeing something about it being extended to private housing associations last year but haven't heard anything since.

Does anyone know when or if it's coming into effect?

Thanks

4 Comments

It appears you can sign up for future updates on the official government right to buy website . Doesn't seem to be any specific dates I could find

You may find this web page of some use. It mentions properties that were once owned by the local authority - I don't know whether that applies to your property.

Banned

Call them??

I have heard of a couple housing associations offer you a percentage of the property you plan to buy rather then sell you their one in which you currently live (which are generally in a complex/estate comprising of their properties). That was a while ago so may have changed now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any tips on finding a cheap new kitchen plus bathroom with fitting?33
      2. Decent Mp3 Player?44
      3. Beds44
      4. What's the best gas and electric deals about ?88

See more discussions