Does anyone know where I can buy distilled water please?

LocalFound 21st Apr 2016
I'm trying to buy distilled water (not deionised). It's not for a car battery or iron etc, so must be distilled water, but I don't seem to be able to get it anywhere. I know that you can buy it online, but the delivery charges seem to be high. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask
41 Comments
Edited by: "Seb_WTF" 21st Apr 2016
Lots of window cleaning stores around the country that sell water for the window cleaners. The pure water. It's reverse osmosis water which is the same as distilled water. You can buy it from there very cheep
Seb_WTF

any good?

Thank you, but any idea as to why it's so expensive?!
wayners

Lots of window cleaning stores around the country that sell water for the … Lots of window cleaning stores around the country that sell water for the window cleaners. The pure water. It's reverse osmosis water which is the same as distilled water. You can buy it from there very cheep

Thank you, but I don't know of any window cleaning stores
Why not make it up yourself at home? It's a fairly basic scientific process to do.
Looking on other forum sites apart from buying online where the delivery charges are expensive others suggest Independant chemists that use a supplier called sigma pharmaceuticals as the well known high street chemists use the same few suppliers that do not supply distilled water.
Alternatively use the water from a condensing tumble dryer.
I think reverse osmosis water can also be bought from aquatic stores. Not sure if it is the same as distilled water though.
Sizewell B
Astec123

Why not make it up yourself at home? It's a fairly basic scientific … Why not make it up yourself at home? It's a fairly basic scientific process to do.

He probably can't be bothered or doesn't have the time
My dessicant dehumidifier collects lots of water from air which is pure water.
I'd be very surprised if your required need for distilled water instead of deionised water is necessary. They are both very pure forms of water and whilst there are differences between them, the differences only become relevant in technical applications such as chemistry and pharmaceuticals. If I may inquire, what do you need specifically distilled water for?
Do note, all the people talking about reverse osmosis water, this is deionised water and not distilled water.
Supermarkets sell it.
Do you have a tobacconist/cigar shop local to you? They might sell it for use in humidors
Fredrics

I'd be very surprised if your required need for distilled water instead … I'd be very surprised if your required need for distilled water instead of deionised water is necessary. They are both very pure forms of water and whilst there are differences between them, the differences only become relevant in technical applications such as chemistry and pharmaceuticals. If I may inquire, what do you need specifically distilled water for? Do note, all the people talking about reverse osmosis water, this is deionised water and not distilled water.

It's to make magnesium oil.
Bunzl Cleaning and Hygiene can supply you with this, it comes in 5litre containers and should be reasonably priced, they have branches all over the country.
itsme99p

Bunzl Cleaning and Hygiene can supply you with this, it comes in 5litre … Bunzl Cleaning and Hygiene can supply you with this, it comes in 5litre containers and should be reasonably priced, they have branches all over the country.

Thanks, I'll give them a call later as they don't seem to have distilled water on their website.

I have recently made some magnesium oil but used tap water. From my research you only need the distilled water to removed impurities and i figured that there isn't anything in tap water that could harm me. The magnesium ion has spread bonded with chlorine (assuming you're using magnesium chloride) so couldn't be affected by other minerals in the water. It does feel like an oil so it must right. As for its effectiveness I can't comment as I've been putting on my autistic son to help him get to sleep (when I remember). Was originally intended for my husband who seemed to be showing magnesium deficiency symptoms but I got him some magnesium biglycinate tablets instead which seem to be working. Hth.
Boots but you need to ask at pharmacy within.
makro £1.99 for five litres
Many of the window cleaning supply stores sell pure water for about £2 for 5 lt. It where the local window cleaners buy there water. Just find the local suppliers. I found the one bellow on Google. Just a case of taking something to put water in although they will sell bottles. Seen you name so maybe you know this one. 42/43 Faraday Mill Business Park
Cattedown
Plymouth
Devon
UK
PL4 0ST

ah experimentation on yourself and family - great

missleading

Food grade. They sell on eBay as well. Delivery is expensive because … Food grade. They sell on eBay as well. Delivery is expensive because 1l=1kg.https://www.apcpure.com/product/distilled_water

best buy the dehydrated form

Edited by: "brilly" 22nd Apr 2016
sherbolton

Btw found somewhere selling here £1.99/ltr £3.99/5ltr h … Btw found somewhere selling here £1.99/ltr £3.99/5ltr http://m.barberdts.co.uk/distilled-water.html

Thanks, I'd already seen that. It adds VAT & then postage and packing & comes to a whopping £14.39!!! Lol
wayners

Many of the window cleaning supply stores sell pure water for about £2 … Many of the window cleaning supply stores sell pure water for about £2 for 5 lt. It where the local window cleaners buy there water. Just find the local suppliers. I found the one bellow on Google. Just a case of taking something to put water in although they will sell bottles. Seen you name so maybe you know this one. 42/43 Faraday Mill Business ParkCattedownPlymouthDevonUKPL4 0ST

Thank you very much, I'll give them a call
missleading

Food grade. They sell on eBay as well. Delivery is expensive because … Food grade. They sell on eBay as well. Delivery is expensive because 1l=1kg.https://www.apcpure.com/product/distilled_water

Thank you
It's worth contacting any local people doing medical grade cleaning.
Think dentists, doctors or anyone using medical grade tools as they have to go into an autoclave to be cleaned and most use distilled water in them.
As they do a lot of cleaning they will either have a machine to make distilled water or buy it in in bulk (not sure why you would as the machines are cheap enough).
Cigar stores sell it for using in humidors (it ain't cheap though)
I'd never heard of magnesium oil, is it for magnesium deficiency?
Gillybean177

I'd never heard of magnesium oil, is it for magnesium deficiency?

this article is very interesting http://growyouthful.com/remedy/magnesium-oil.php

It's allegedly good for a number of conditions including muscle pain & anxiety. Reading all the reviews I definitely think it's worth trying, as I take a lot of pain relief for fibromyalgia which I don't like doing.
Euro Car Parts should sell it
sam_of_london

My dessicant dehumidifier collects lots of water from air which is pure … My dessicant dehumidifier collects lots of water from air which is pure water.

No, no it's not.
It's grey water, you can use it for some things, but it's not suitable for this use.
en.wikipedia.org/wik…ier
Edited by: "joedastudd" 22nd Apr 2016
You will be fine to use any water you can get your hands on: tap, distilled or deionised. Having just looked into the intended use and the intended interaction you won't have any problems with side reactions from impurities in your water. If you wish to use pure water, such as distilled or deionised, for your magnesium oil spray, it will be unnecessary but either of them will be fine.
peodude

Euro Car Parts should sell it

Thanks
Fredrics

You will be fine to use any water you can get your hands on: tap, … You will be fine to use any water you can get your hands on: tap, distilled or deionised. Having just looked into the intended use and the intended interaction you won't have any problems with side reactions from impurities in your water. If you wish to use pure water, such as distilled or deionised, for your magnesium oil spray, it will be unnecessary but either of them will be fine.

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the magnesium flakes weren't wasted as I'd read that the chlorine in water could stop it working correctly.
plymouthgal

Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the magnesium flakes weren't … Thanks, I just wanted to make sure that the magnesium flakes weren't wasted as I'd read that the chlorine in water could stop it working correctly.

Whilst there will be a minor effect with the chlorine in the tap water, the chlorine in the tap water is at a low enough concentration compared to the amount of magnesium chloride that you will add that this effect will be mitigated. If you have a brita water filter, this removes the vast majority of the chlorine in the tap water so you can use this filtered water instead.
After calling various chemists, cleaning suppliers, car shops etc I suddenly thought of calling the local tattoo parlour......BINGO.....they have their own water distiller & said that if I take a container & give them a couple of hours notice they'll make some for me
Question:
#plymouthgal @plymouthgal
Are you still doing the Magnesium oil spray on your skin ? I am going to try it :-)
plymouthgal

Wow that's what I am searching it for. My little girl has leg cramps
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants