Does anyone know where I can get a Replacement Power Adapter for WD External Hard Drive?

7 replies
Found 13th May 2009
As title, I'm looking for a replacement power adapter for my Western Digital 'My Book' External Hard Drive. There are quite a few editions out but I'm pretty sure I have the My Book Essential version. (500GB)

I have gotten this far : someone has said WDPS034RNN is the model number of the power adapter but can't find one anywhere.

Can someone help me find one? Or perhaps even have a spare one......


I have a my Book World Edition 1TB, I will see what PSU is with that, coz I took the SATA drive out of it and installed it in my PC (as the "World Edition" is complete crap!)


Original Poster

Ohh that would be so good, please let me know mike. cheers.

The one I have is:-

Model No- DA-36J12
AC Input- 100-240v 50/60Hz 0.9 A
DC Output- 12v 3.0A

Take from that what you need mate, if it's any good.


Original Poster

ah mate i think thats a bit too much power for what i need...if i decide to risk it i'll let you know but for now I think trying to call WD direct is a better option..thanks for the help though, much appreciated..have some rep!

if it is too much voltage then it might be a problem, if it is just the current (Amps) then it will be fine, as the unit will only draw what it needs from the AC adaptor.


unless underpowered
Post a comment
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

    See more discussions