Expired

Does anyone know where i can get my ps3 downgraded preferably near brighton? Thanks

Found 15th Apr 2013
Im looking to get my phat ps3 downgraded and im looking for somewhere reliable to do it for me near brighton if possible. Thanks all.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
For some reason most people I've found seem to be around the yorkshire/manchester areas.
I took my console to Paul (see his thread on ps3hax) and he did a good job.
See this thread for a few others.
Interesting, I have a ps3 phat 40gb and have considered investing into this. What was the total cost for you? Looking at the post seems like its £50 plus £10 shipping + your shipping cost.

I'm not that clued up with this but you need some bit of hardware to downgrade the ps3, last time I checked it was £50 so wouldn't it be cheaper to do it yourself?

You could always sell off the hardware once your done with it
ceanth

Interesting, I have a ps3 phat 40gb and have considered investing into … Interesting, I have a ps3 phat 40gb and have considered investing into this. What was the total cost for you? Looking at the post seems like its £50 plus £10 shipping + your shipping cost.I'm not that clued up with this but you need some bit of hardware to downgrade the ps3, last time I checked it was £50 so wouldn't it be cheaper to do it yourself?You could always sell off the hardware once your done with it

I happened to be passing Yorkshire so took the console with me and picked it back up on the way back so only cost £40.
It only took about 2 hours to be downgraded so it's a very fast turnaround time.
Paul charges £50 which includes delivery back to you (£40 if you collect it yourself), so it's £50 + delivery to him.

I've also got another console with YLOD that I've sent to MushyMods (Mark), you can see his site here. I've paid £70 to have the console collected, reballed + downgraded, and be shipped back to me by interparcel.

I believe you need a E3 flasher to downgrade a NOR console or a progskeet to downgrade a either NAND or NOR (E3 flasher apparently has compatability with NAND now, but the general recommendation is to still go with progskeet for NAND consoles). When I was looking I couldn't find any cheaper than £70

If you choose to do it yourself go here for a tutorial. Note that it's not simple plug and play and you'll need to solder the flasher.

bobjohnson

I happened to be passing Yorkshire so took the console with me and picked … I happened to be passing Yorkshire so took the console with me and picked it back up on the way back so only cost £40.It only took about 2 hours to be downgraded so it's a very fast turnaround time.Paul charges £50 which includes delivery back to you (£40 if you collect it yourself), so it's £50 + delivery to him.I've also got another console with YLOD that I've sent to MushyMods (Mark), you can see his site here. I've paid £70 to have the console collected, reballed + downgraded, and be shipped back to me by interparcel.I believe you need a E3 flasher to downgrade a NOR console or a progskeet to downgrade a either NAND or NOR (E3 flasher apparently has compatability with NAND now, but the general recommendation is to still go with progskeet for NAND consoles). When I was looking I couldn't find any cheaper than £70 If you choose to do it yourself go here for a tutorial. Note that it's not simple plug and play and you'll need to solder the flasher.

Thanks or the info mate, I'm not sure whether its worth the investment. I normally get a kick out of messing about with mod chips and breaking consoles so if it was cheap enough I would love to give a go

I guess for £40 its probably worth it, shame I'm in London.
Gosh oO just looked at the guide, the soldering looks really hard, as there is so much to solder!

I checked the guide and my console and its a NOR console so I could use the E3 flasher.
ceanth

Thanks or the info mate, I'm not sure whether its worth the investment. I … Thanks or the info mate, I'm not sure whether its worth the investment. I normally get a kick out of messing about with mod chips and breaking consoles so if it was cheap enough I would love to give a go I guess for £40 its probably worth it, shame I'm in London.

It's definitely worth the effort for showtime alone (very popular homebrew media app) or for backing up and loading games from the HDD if you're that way inclined.

I'm heavily into development so having otherOS and complete control over the console made it worth it alone for me. I now have one ps3 for dev and tinkering that's expendable and one for games

I was capable of performing the downgrade myself but for £40 it just seemed more logical to pay someone experience to do it with no risk, since I enjoy modifying the software side more anyway and the downgrade would be more of a chore imo

Edited by: "bobjohnson" 15th Apr 2013
Probably makes sense to pay £40 and get someone else to do it.

I'll only end up making a mess and end up spending more money to fix it lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants