Expired

Does anyone know where you can buy non basted frozen turkey

Found 12th Dec 2013
All the supermarkets this year seem to have only basted frozen turkeys
Community Updates
AskTurkey
15 Comments
Might be easier to buy a fresh one and then freeze it yourself.
I think iceland do a turkey crown thats not basted but an actual full turkey I have no clue as i,m not a fan.
I had the same problem last year, ended up with a basted one. Couldn't find one at any of the big supermarkets.
Banned
Stupid basted turkeys
Why do you care about it's parentage?
Original Poster
Ha greenun
why dont you want a basted turkey anyway, keeps them moist.
Original Poster
The basted are full of all sorts of rubbish . I prefer to cover my turkey with bacon never had a dry one in 35 years
anner3

The basted are full of all sorts of rubbish . I prefer to cover my … The basted are full of all sorts of rubbish . I prefer to cover my turkey with bacon never had a dry one in 35 years

What sort of rubbish?
redhot999

What sort of rubbish?

Tesco's one contains: Black Pepper, Water, Butteroil (Milk), Potato Starch, Turkey Stock (Made from: Water, Turkey Bones, Turkey Fat, Mushroom, Seaweed, Ground Star Anise), Salt, Milk Proteins, Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate)

I wouldn't personally call any of that rubbish, but I know some people really hate having a seemingly unnecessary number of ingredients in things.
callum9999

Tesco's one contains: Black Pepper, Water, Butteroil (Milk), Potato … Tesco's one contains: Black Pepper, Water, Butteroil (Milk), Potato Starch, Turkey Stock (Made from: Water, Turkey Bones, Turkey Fat, Mushroom, Seaweed, Ground Star Anise), Salt, Milk Proteins, Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate)I wouldn't personally call any of that rubbish, but I know some people really hate having a seemingly unnecessary number of ingredients in things.

Hmm sounds delicious
Original Poster
injeceted with salt water emulsifiers sugars etc I would buy a free range turkey but sadly I can't afford it
Original Poster
I just want a turkey with no added ingredients
Same as if I wanted a fillet steak or anything else
Try a lovely quorn roast. That's what we are eating on Xmas day. Far nicer (_;)
Lmao i worked in a supermarket years ago and the woman on the tannoy
made a customer announcement
on special offer today we have bastar_ instead of basted turkeys at so much a kilo soooo funny
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions