Posted 14th Jan 2022 (Posted 4 h, 45 m ago)
We bought it for Christmas, we have Virgin 200 internet, it’s connected wired though our Nova boxes, its in the next room to the Virgin Hub, any help appreciated. It’s the same connected to wifi (no Nova) Thank you.

All other devices in the house work fine, Xboxes etc

Wifi connection No Nova
32 ping
67.2 download
14.60 upload

On my phone this is what I get

18ping
176 download
19 upload

Via Nova PS5

22 Ping
81 Download
19 Upload

Connected wired to the modem PS5

48 Ping
70 Download
14.8 Upload

Connected wired to XBox

11 ping
210 download
20 upload
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment
9 Comments
  1. Avatar
    What's it like wired connection?
  2. Avatar
    Chuck in some DNS settings
    8.8.8.8 primary
    8.8.4.4 secondary
  3. Avatar
    Could be the game you’re playing. I’ve given up on vanguard as it was really bad. My other ps5 games all are no problem
  4. Avatar
    When my PS5 was behaving weird on both Wired (via a homeplug) and Wireless, I set up Port Forwarding on my router for my PS5 and my speeds shot up dramatically and it should also lower general internet lag and ping when playing games online. It's a fairly simple process too.

Taken from expressVPN site:
    • Head over to your PS5 Settings.
    • Scroll down and select Network.
    • Select View Connection Status.
    • You’ll see the IP Address of your PlayStation 5. Note this down as you’ll need it later on.
    • Also, note down the MAC address of your PS5.
    • Log in to your router via the browser and head over to the Port Forwarding section.
    • Manually assign the IP address to your PS5 console from the data you’ve noted down (Step 4 & Step 5).
    • Also, add ports for TCP and UDP. If your router supports both protocols, then add 1935, 3074, 3478-3480. If your router does not have the ‘both’ option, then add TCP and UDP ports separately: Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480 & Protocol UDP: 3074,3478-3479.
    • Once the changes have been done, reboot your router.
  5. Avatar
    Author
    H13114/01/2022 13:49

Chuck in some DNS settings8.8.8.8 primary8.8.4.4 secondary

How do I do that, I’m not very good with these things .. most I know is the speed tests

alex26099314/01/2022 13:58

When my PS5 was behaving weird on both Wired (via a homeplug) and …When my PS5 was behaving weird on both Wired (via a homeplug) and Wireless, I set up Port Forwarding on my router for my PS5 and my speeds shot up dramatically and it should also lower general internet lag and ping when playing games online. It's a fairly simple process too. Taken from expressVPN site:Head over to your PS5 Settings. Scroll down and select Network. Select View Connection Status. You’ll see the IP Address of your PlayStation 5. Note this down as you’ll need it later on.Also, note down the MAC address of your PS5.Log in to your router via the browser and head over to the Port Forwarding section.Manually assign the IP address to your PS5 console from the data you’ve noted down (Step 4 & Step 5).Also, add ports for TCP and UDP. If your router supports both protocols, then add 1935, 3074, 3478-3480. If your router does not have the ‘both’ option, then add TCP and UDP ports separately: Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480 & Protocol UDP: 3074,3478-3479.Once the changes have been done, reboot your router.

Brilliant thank you for this. I’ll have a go!
    Edited by: "claire7519" 2 h, 55 m ago
  6. Avatar
    Which Nova mesh do you have? Although it may not be a cause of the lag, some can only handle 100mbps and may be limiting your speeds.
  7. Avatar
    Have you constantly been putting ps5 into sleep mode? Sometimes My fifa 22 lags just after scoring a goal after continuing playing after sleep mode (that’s on 1080p tv too and not 4K), restarting ps5 sorts it out straight away
  8. Avatar
    Author
    ReecesWaffle9514/01/2022 15:35

Which Nova mesh do you have? Although it may not be a cause of the lag, …Which Nova mesh do you have? Although it may not be a cause of the lag, some can only handle 100mbps and may be limiting your speeds.

It’s the MW6

headfullofcrisps14/01/2022 17:14

Have you constantly been putting ps5 into sleep mode? Sometimes My fifa 22 …Have you constantly been putting ps5 into sleep mode? Sometimes My fifa 22 lags just after scoring a goal after continuing playing after sleep mode (that’s on 1080p tv too and not 4K), restarting ps5 sorts it out straight away

Oh ok I’m not sure, it’s my sons I’ll mention it to him thanks
    Edited by: "claire7519" 5 m ago
  9. Avatar
    claire751914/01/2022 14:25

How do I do that, I’m not very good with these things .. most I know is t …How do I do that, I’m not very good with these things .. most I know is the speed tests (y)Brilliant thank you for this. I’ll have a go!

Sorry been at work all day, I would try following
    and try primary as 8.8.8.8 and secondary as 8.8.4.4. If that doesn't improve anything try the port forwarding another recommended should help
Post a comment
Top Merchants