Does anyone know why certain merchants are banned?

Posted 23rd Aug 2019
I tried to post a deal for carparts4less.co.uk and it reported the merchant is banned - how do I find out why?
Community Updates

Groups

20 Comments
Because it wasn't really a deal. Just a code which they ALWAYS have available.
evostick4723/08/2019 17:33

Because it wasn't really a deal. Just a code which they ALWAYS have …Because it wasn't really a deal. Just a code which they ALWAYS have available.

Fair enough, however I found their 5l of 5W30 engine oil @ £12.43 delivered to be the cheapest and I wanted to share!
(I appreciate the feedback btw - thanks! (y))
Edited by: "aLV426" 23rd Aug 2019
aLV42623/08/2019 17:43

Fair enough, however I found their 5l of 5W30 engine oil @ £12.43 …Fair enough, however I found their 5l of 5W30 engine oil @ £12.43 delivered to be the cheapest and I wanted to share!(I appreciate the feedback btw - thanks! (y))

They are banned for self promotion. I have read in previous threads.

Eurocarpartswhich I believe are the same company are allowed
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 23rd Aug 2019
myusernamehasgone23423/08/2019 18:08

They are banned for self promotion. I have read in previous threads. …They are banned for self promotion. I have read in previous threads. Eurocarpartswhich I believe are the same company are allowed

Yeah, strange that
chimp14uk23/08/2019 18:35

Yeah, strange that

Hype were banned for the same reason but are allowed back now but all deals for them go into moderation. But i’ve seen the editors posting deals for them recently.

There maybe hope for carparts4less.
Yep banned for self promotion, loads got posted a while ago by just a couple of people and the ban came in soon after.
eslick23/08/2019 19:09

Yep banned for self promotion, loads got posted a while ago by just a …Yep banned for self promotion, loads got posted a while ago by just a couple of people and the ban came in soon after.

Think cp4l also has an issue with its colourful marketing claims and even more colourful accounting structure
hotukdeals.com/com…174
hotukdeals.com/com…261
AndyRoyd23/08/2019 19:53

Think cp4l also has an issue with its colourful marketing claims and even …Think cp4l also has an issue with its colourful marketing claims and even more colourful accounting structurehttps://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/37464174https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/35201261

I got told by 3 managers they decided they were not going to follow the consumers rights act when they sent me a faulty part. I had to email their CEO and got through to his PA very helpful and dieted things out but she couldn’t understand where I got his personal email from and she has never had anyone email him before.

They are a right mess to be honest and you can bet there is more to the company than meets the eye, and from news stories earlier in the year you start to see that and it’s accounting standpoint that’s certainly true.
Just post it in here instead. I buy loads of stuff from carparts4less and not had a problem yet.

Same with gsf.

I will get myself over there and search for oil myself.

Ta. OP
Is it semi synthetic oil?

They also have a ebay page which ironically may not be banned.
Carpartsaver
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 24th Aug 2019
Mandm sports also banned
Evilution66627/10/2019 21:31

Mandm sports also banned

Who?

I’ve googled MandM sports and only M&M Direct came up who aren’t banned as far as I’m aware.
myusernamehasgone23427/10/2019 21:54

Who?I’ve googled MandM sports and only M&M Direct came up who aren’t ban …Who?I’ve googled MandM sports and only M&M Direct came up who aren’t banned as far as I’m aware.

Yeah mandm direct
Evilution66627/10/2019 21:57

Yeah mandm direct

They must be new to the banned list I posted a deal on the 20th of Oct and someone else did on the 21st.
Hey Yep - MandMDirect are currently suspended for self promotion.
Jason27/10/2019 22:03

Hey Yep - MandMDirect are currently suspended for self promotion.

Really

I didn’t notice a flood of deal over the last week from them to trigger it although perhaps I wasn’t paying attention.

I’m only surprised as I’ve posted a lot of deals from M&M Direct as they usually have pretty good savings.

Glad I saw this won’t waste my time searching on there for deals
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 27th Oct 2019
myusernamehasgone23427/10/2019 22:11

Really I didn’t notice a flood of deal over the last week from t …Really I didn’t notice a flood of deal over the last week from them to trigger it although perhaps I wasn’t paying attention.I’m only surprised as I’ve posted a lot of deals from M&M Direct as they usually have pretty good savings.Glad I saw this won’t waste my time searching on there for deals

A lot of the self promotion doesn't make it to the boards because we catch it before it goes live so you guys will never see it.
Jason27/10/2019 22:49

A lot of the self promotion doesn't make it to the boards because we catch …A lot of the self promotion doesn't make it to the boards because we catch it before it goes live so you guys will never see it.

Oh I see.
Jason27/10/2019 22:49

A lot of the self promotion doesn't make it to the boards because we catch …A lot of the self promotion doesn't make it to the boards because we catch it before it goes live so you guys will never see it.

Thanks and glad that your blocking what is effectively spam, however as someone who likes to find and share a good deal (I try to avoid sharing bad deals) why stop us posting a deal? Banning a suppliers URL doesn’t effect the supplier if you ban them, it effects us.
Edited by: "Peter_Oz" 13th Nov 2019
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants