Expired

does anyone know why our back light keeps burning out - renault

22 replies
Found 28th Feb 2010
could anyone help us out -

i have a renault megane scenic - r reg,the back light bulb holder keeps burning out and now the indicators and brake lights keep flashing when pressed like a disco

thank you

22 Comments

Banned

bad connection, causing them to flash a bit, and they burn out

Original Poster

how could we fix it :-)

Banned

dont accelerate so much

Original Poster

what has accelaration got to do with lights

Banned

its probably a bad light unit, they are rather poorly made on modern cars, the contacts are terrible and the plastic sockets fit badly

but before that, check where the bulbs go, and look for rust or green corrosion on the contacts

also check the contact where the wiring meets the light unit, and make sure its clean

Banned

lisabill69;7981678

what has accelaration got to do with lights

then you wouldn't have to break... i'll get me coat.

get it checked out at the garage. did the car get flooded or something?

Original Poster

we have had more moisture in the car than usual lately maybe thats got something to do with it,thanks everyone :-)

Banned

lisabill69;7981720

we have had more moisture in the car than usual lately maybe thats got … we have had more moisture in the car than usual lately maybe thats got something to do with it,thanks everyone :-)

keep the windows up

esp in rain and whilst attending a car wash

sounds like your getting water possibly in through the light units which then gets onto the multi-plugs causing corrosion, unplug & refit the multi-plug a few times it normaly sorts the problem with the disco effect, then look at the light units, check to see if the water tight seal is'nt perished.

had same problem with my last car,,it turned out to be a earth cable near the rear light had corroded and snapped,,,took an auto electrician 5 mins to sort out(he just pulled the side carpet stuff back near the light and the cable just attached to the body with a nut)

It's french, It wants a white (surrender) bulb HTH

Renault+Electrics= Problems, I have heard many people slate Renaults for electrical problems.

Banned

aardvarking;7981924

It's french, It wants a white (surrender) bulb HTH

reverse light is on constantly

harlzter;7981928

Renault+Electrics= Big Problems, I have heard many people slate Renaults … Renault+Electrics= Big Problems, I have heard many people slate Renaults for electrical problems.

very true, out of all the cars we repair for electrical problems, it has to be Renaults !

bykergrove;7981944

reverse light is on constantly

Nope, that's Italian Cars :thumbsup:

Original Poster

whats a white surender bulb?

Original Poster

no reverse lights not on constantly,just when you indicate or touch the brake it goes like a disco and the back brake light bulb has now blown

Your rear earthing point is corroded and it needs removal, treatment and then putting back. Very common.

lisabill69;7982030

whats a white surender bulb?

Sorry Lisa - just my bad attempt at humour - ignore me

You'd be better off looking in a renault forum :thumbsup:

Original Poster

no problems - im a women lol

pghstochaj;7982224

Your rear earthing point is corroded and it needs removal, treatment and … Your rear earthing point is corroded and it needs removal, treatment and then putting back. Very common.

Yup. Like the man said.

pghstochaj;7982224

Your rear earthing point is corroded and it needs removal, treatment and … Your rear earthing point is corroded and it needs removal, treatment and then putting back. Very common.

Spot on, it is 100% an earth fault.:thumbsup:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed439
  2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person48
  3. printing pictures33
  4. changing a dimmer swith to normal light switch45

See more discussions