Does anyone know why whenever I change my surround to full surround with subwoofer, the centre speaker doesn't workl?

5 replies
Found 16th May 2009
Its quite an old Philips 5.1(Big amp).

The problem is that whenever I have the centre speaker and the subwoofer enabled at the same time the Centre speaker won't output any sound..

Tim

5 Comments

It may be the settings on the amp. My guess is it is not set to TV / Movie. My surround does not make hardly any noise through the centre unless I put it to TV mode.
You didn't say if the speakers run from the Sub and or if it is an active sub i.e. powered. Sorry not a great answer but the question is a bit vague

Original Poster

it is a powered sub.

I've just checked and when you have it on full surround, both centre and subwoofer don't work?

Tim

I think its a fuse in the amp gone...As it is old open it up and there will be a couple of thin fuses check them and replace if neccessary...Check fuse to Sub as well. If not if its old time to buy and I would suggest an Onkyo, Dennon or Pioneer Amp about £400 - £500 a lot of money but great sound. I have just upgraded my Yamaha and its amazing how they have moved on ...Good Luck

Original Poster

gr8h8me;5228305

I think its a fuse in the amp gone...As it is old open it up and there … I think its a fuse in the amp gone...As it is old open it up and there will be a couple of thin fuses check them and replace if neccessary...Check fuse to Sub as well. If not if its old time to buy and I would suggest an Onkyo, Dennon or Pioneer Amp about £400 - £500 a lot of money but great sound. I have just upgraded my Yamaha and its amazing how they have moved on ...Good Luck

I see...

Think I'll just forget about the problem then as I CBA opening it up and I don't have £500 spare lol....

Tim

Original Poster

I have recently noticed that when it does the sound test, it excludes the Center Speaker???

Tim
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is this junction box wired properly??813
    2. Is there a way to add ethernet to MIFI device?22
    3. Foo fighters presale code.1817
    4. Do councils provide data when using a Data Collection company?56

See more discussions