Expired

Does anyone live on IOM or been there?

4 replies
Found 30th Jul 2014
Considering moving there in some years in the future as there is no capital gains there but have never been there.

What is like to live there in comparison to the UK and what is the weather like? From googling the IOM has no summer weather at all.

4 Comments

souljacker is your man

Banned

I worked there quite a bit a few years ago and to be honest I found the place bleak compared to living in a city and would imagine it would take some getting used to. If you are after a quieter more laid back life then it may be great.

Original Poster

konimitsu

I worked there quite a bit a few years ago and to be honest I found the … I worked there quite a bit a few years ago and to be honest I found the place bleak compared to living in a city and would imagine it would take some getting used to. If you are after a quieter more laid back life then it may be great.

we currently live in surrey where it is is very peaceful. i quite like the isle of white atmosphere so wonder if IOM is similar. when you say bleak, do you mean there is nothing there or do you mean the weather was awful?

Banned

mutley1

we currently live in surrey where it is is very peaceful. i quite like … we currently live in surrey where it is is very peaceful. i quite like the isle of white atmosphere so wonder if IOM is similar. when you say bleak, do you mean there is nothing there or do you mean the weather was awful?

More to do with not much to do there, although the weather is not brilliant either from my experience, if you like it peaceful you may well like it there but for me I like the buzz of a city and the enormous choice of things to do and places to go to, restaurants, theatres etc.

We holidayed in the IOM a couple of times as children and I have visited for short break with the wife as well as working there. It is a nice place to visit just not somewhere I would like to live.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. heart rate monitor fitness watch44
    2. Charge Back From A Betting Account77
    3. How to remove bar at bottom of screen on ios 11.0.322
    4. MacBook88

See more discussions