Groups

Does anyone make their own lemoncello?

I make it mostly just for parties but lost my recipe, now looking for a new one I realise I wasn't making it in the true form, but still prefer mine I think. Just wandering how others, if any, make it.

My recipe was just vodka, sugar and zest and juice of lemons, pop it in freezer and job done ;-)

True recipe doesn't use the juice, but syrup water and is strained. Also needs fermenting for 80 days.

I like the little bits of lemon in it, but was thinking of making it now for Aug 1st, but will it need to be refridgerated do you think?

5 Comments

I like this recipe, the boiling water helps get the lemon taste out

bbcgoodfood.com/rec…llo

Original Poster

SunTzu;5546489

I like this recipe, the boiling water helps get the lemon taste out … I like this recipe, the boiling water helps get the lemon taste out http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1087/limoncello

ok so that is more like a quick version of the proper stuff.

it does sound fine, and would prob store for a long time. but I like the bits of lemon and zest in the drink. we drink it as shots after a bbq :thumbsup:

btw in my recipe you heat the vodka to melt the caster sugar which gives it the sweetness. just can't remember the quantities :?

My mum makes her own and she freezes it xx

Original Poster

torapoole;5546974

My mum makes her own and she freezes it xx

ooh which recipe does she use?

yeah out the freezer is always best :thumbsup:

Original Poster

anyone else?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions