Groups

does anyone order computer parts from america?

Banned
    do you?
    if not why?
    how to avoid customs?

whats the issue?

stuff their is dirt cheap!

10 Comments

Banned

Possible restrictions in lead content maybe? Different regulations I think. I know we've had problems with that in the past.

Original Poster Banned

arent the graphics cards the sme though no?

Banned

kapows;7770797

arent the graphics cards the sme though no?

To be honest I'm no expert on that particular issue. I just know we had issues getting some Cisco kit sent from there.

Original Poster Banned

master_chief;7770815

To be honest I'm no expert on that particular issue. I just know we had … To be honest I'm no expert on that particular issue. I just know we had issues getting some Cisco kit sent from there.

aaah ok - if you know a retailer who does shipping from US and is trustworthy please do drop a note

Most of the big companies do not take international orders, I am not sure why though. You may get hit with tax, probably still be cheaper though.

newegg.com which seems to be popular with the americans would get a real good turn from the UK if it done international orders, just checked to see if there has been any change since last time I checked :

Does Newegg.com ship internationally?
    Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto Rico

Stupid if you ask me, I am sure they have a reason though.

Banned

kapows;7770833

aaah ok - if you know a retailer who does shipping from US and is … aaah ok - if you know a retailer who does shipping from US and is trustworthy please do drop a note

Someone will have some better advice don't worry. My last company did get a load of old servers sent over privately mind.

What sort of savings are you looking at on average? I remembering looking on a site before and the savings weren't significant enough after postage to be worth the hassle of it becoming faulty or something.

Original Poster Banned

quite considerable savings on parts like mentioned above newegg.com is a great place to check comparisons from uk retailers -

as an example a laptop system from dell -

the alienware m11x in america standard costs

$749

in the uk the standard costs -

£749

ridiculous if you ask me

Original Poster Banned

sparkyIreland;7770857

Most of the big companies do not take international orders, I am not sure … Most of the big companies do not take international orders, I am not sure why though. You may get hit with tax, probably still be cheaper though.newegg.com which seems to be popular with the americans would get a real good turn from the UK if it done international orders, just checked to see if there has been any change since last time I checked :Does Newegg.com ship internationally?Newegg.com does not currently ship internationally; we only deliver to locations within the United States and to Puerto RicoStupid if you ask me, I am sure they have a reason though.

aye its been like this for a long time now lol such a shame they know that in the uk we'll get taxxed like crazy anyway -

i knew an ebayer dont know if he still exists - he used to do very cheap ATI only cards ()im nvidia fanboy lol) and brand new ATI cards from abroad and he would pay customs aswell

Banned

kapows;7770880

quite considerable savings on parts like mentioned above newegg.com is a … quite considerable savings on parts like mentioned above newegg.com is a great place to check comparisons from uk retailers - as an example a laptop system from dell - the alienware m11x in america standard costs $749in the uk the standard costs - £749ridiculous if you ask me

Ah right, full systems definitely worth the hassle if you can get it cheap enough sent over here.

i have orded a few bits by mail..once customs charged me- the second time i got away with it, and the third time- i just ask my cousin to buy and get the stuff shipped to him and then when someone is about to visit the uk, i ask em to bring it over.. have bought an external hdd, a memory pen thinigie and a cooling fan wotsit for the cpu... but nowt in the last two years though. even back then the £ was really strong and even with custom charges the stuff was cheaper
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4682208
      2. What is there free to do in your town?2545
      3. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27121
      4. Sky Fibre Max44

See more discussions