Does anyone own a Dell colour laser printer C1760nw and print from an ipad air please?

Found 2nd Jul 2015
I have just bought this printer to print from andriod tablets, the computer and my ipad air. However I understand it doesnt support airprint so I wondered if I could still print from the ipad to it and if so is it easy? If not can anyone recommend a more suitable printer for my needs? Tha\nk you
Community Updates
11 Comments
Dell has a mobile printing app but not sure if your printer is supported. Worth a look?
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dell-document-hub/id953739625?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Only thing I can find that should work.

Thank you

kos1c

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dell-document-hub/id953739625?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4Only thing I can find that should work.

Thank you I have downloaded this . I now just need to know which drop box to use!!!
Try Printer Pro from the apple App Store. Works for me .
Thank you. I will give that a go.
rcwmeg

Try Printer Pro from the apple App Store. Works for me .

Thanks ever so much. Set up and working fine. However the i pad will only print via the home pc and only when it is switched on. I was wondering if you knew if attaching an ethernet cable from printer to router will solve this problem? Many thanks.
mackie7722

Thanks ever so much. Set up and working fine. However the i pad will only … Thanks ever so much. Set up and working fine. However the i pad will only print via the home pc and only when it is switched on. I was wondering if you knew if attaching an ethernet cable from printer to router will solve this problem? Many thanks.

Hi, did you find a solution in the end as I'm having exactly the same issue (without having to have PC powered up I mean)?
Edited by: "feed_me_chocs" 12th Aug 2015
feed_me_chocs

Hi, did you find a solution in the end as I'm having exactly the same … Hi, did you find a solution in the end as I'm having exactly the same issue (without having to have PC powered up I mean)?

No sadly not. Works like a dream when the computer is on and I have restarted the printer but not when the computer is off. Not ideal but better than nothing.
mackie7722

No sadly not. Works like a dream when the computer is on and I have … No sadly not. Works like a dream when the computer is on and I have restarted the printer but not when the computer is off. Not ideal but better than nothing.

​Sorry to hear that. Great printer but a real pain I need my laptop on to print from my iPad. I'll post back on here if I ever do find a solution as that Dell Document Hub app is absolute garbage imho.
Did you find a solution?
ridders

Did you find a solution?

​disappointingly not and the latest dell document hub just crashes the moment I try to print a file from it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants