Expired

Does anyone remember Relays (sweets)

Found 11th Feb 2009
they were in an orange packet and were like minstrels with toffee in the middle

please somone remember them im begining to think i imagined them

30 Comments

:oops: Err No, sorry! Never heard of them, Aztecs, Revels, Jelly/Tiger/Candy/Teddy Tots, MoJo's, Pickled Onion Tudor crisps, Strawberry Aero, Space Dust ... all yes (I need to stop now) but Relays, no

I remember them, you are spot on, I loved them.
They came in an orange bag like Revels, round shape, crispy coating like minstrels and toffee centre.
1970's!!!!!!!!!!!

Original Poster

i loved strawberry aeros yum yum tomato sauce square crisps were amazing i forgo about tudor crisps

i must be making the relays up !!!

Original Poster

Shambolic;4354602

I remember them, you are spot on, I loved them.They came in an orange bag … I remember them, you are spot on, I loved them.They came in an orange bag like Revels, round shape, crispy coating like minstrels and toffee centre.1970's!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU !!! you have made my day nobody i know remembers them wahey wish they would bring them back :-D

Strawberry puff candy with chocolate coating......yummy.

f10na;4354629

THANK YOU !!! you have made my day nobody i know remembers them wahey … THANK YOU !!! you have made my day nobody i know remembers them wahey wish they would bring them back :-D

Yep, So do I :-D

Original Poster

galaxy counters and splicers !!! why do they stop making all the good sweets

Original Poster

frys five centres im geting hungry now !!

Remember, Rowantrees Nutty bars, Milk Tray bar, Frys fruit cream ?

f10na;4354651

galaxy counters and splicers !!! why do they stop making all the good … galaxy counters and splicers !!! why do they stop making all the good sweets

I think you went to the same Ice cream van as me.:thumbsup:

Well remembered the five centres, I thought it was a fruit cream. :-D

Original Poster

dont remember milk tray bars but like the sound of them !!

Original Poster

Shambolic;4354720

I think you went to the same Ice cream van as me.:thumbsup:Well … I think you went to the same Ice cream van as me.:thumbsup:Well remembered the five centres, I thought it was a fruit cream. :-D

lol i have not been to a van in years they had the best sweets crammed into such a small space heaven !

we live near the old fashioned sweetie shop and i just love going in it really takes you back! and i end up spending a fortune but you never get round to eating most of it!

f10na;4354739

dont remember milk tray bars but like the sound of them !!

Milk tray bars were Cadburys bars, about 6 or 8 chocolates joined together to form a bar.
With different flavours (a runny lime cordial, strawberry cream, orange cream....etc). Nice!

wulshaz;4354798

we live near the old fashioned sweetie shop and i just love going in it … we live near the old fashioned sweetie shop and i just love going in it really takes you back! and i end up spending a fortune but you never get round to eating most of it!

I think I would...LOL. :oops:

OMG!! I have been going on for years about relays and people thought i was mad and had made them up but they were the best!!! Should never have been discontinued!

I know this has been mentioned in the past but they should really bring back Pacers!!! And Biarritz...chocolate bars with bits of orange or mint candy crunch.....i adored them!!

:w00t:

what about pyramints? pyramid shaped chocolate with mint cream centre ~ yummy

Original Poster

alfie and harrys mum;4356696

what about pyramints? pyramid shaped chocolate with mint cream centre ~ … what about pyramints? pyramid shaped chocolate with mint cream centre ~ yummy

dont remember them but wish i did they sound yummy

Yes I remember relays in the orange packer I used to get them on the way to school I loved them how avout texan bar or cabana?

jaym01

Yes I remember relays in the orange packer I used to get them on the way … Yes I remember relays in the orange packer I used to get them on the way to school I loved them how avout texan bar or cabana?

Well, you took your time!

alfie and harrys mum

what about pyramints? pyramid shaped chocolate with mint cream centre ~ … what about pyramints? pyramid shaped chocolate with mint cream centre ~ yummy

I remember pyramints, late 80's very early 90's they pretty big too... came in a dark green pyramid box.

Anyone remember Pink Panther Bars, but a 10p mix was best from the penny tray. you got loads.

[img]encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA3me5Z_JTrLN4y54FjhzGTYx6EBPA4cMSnFdxAiZY2LtF1wXbdw[/img]
Edited by: "haritori" 19th Nov 2014

haritori

I remember pyramints, late 80's very early 90's they pretty big too... … I remember pyramints, late 80's very early 90's they pretty big too... came in a dark green pyramid box.Anyone remember Pink Panther Bars, but a 10p mix was best from the penny tray. you got loads.[img]https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTA3me5Z_JTrLN4y54FjhzGTYx6EBPA4cMSnFdxAiZY2LtF1wXbdw[/img]

You got, at most... 20 - and those would have been 1/2p teddy bears - and they were tiny!

My mum used to hate taking me to get a penny mix... I took forever to choose!

miikeyblue

You got, at most... 20 - and those would have been 1/2p teddy bears - and … You got, at most... 20 - and those would have been 1/2p teddy bears - and they were tiny!My mum used to hate taking me to get a penny mix... I took forever to choose!

I felt like loads sweets were a rare treat as a kid.

When i was a kid i remember my sister coming home from school with some sweets from a birthday bag or something, well i went on a tantrum and my dad ended up buying me 50p worth of penny things that bag lasted me about a week lol..

haritori

I felt like loads sweets were a rare treat as a kid.When i was a kid i … I felt like loads sweets were a rare treat as a kid.When i was a kid i remember my sister coming home from school with some sweets from a birthday bag or something, well i went on a tantrum and my dad ended up buying me 50p worth of penny things that bag lasted me about a week lol..

Yeah we used to get a chocolate bar on friday and that was about it.

Kids today with their xboxes & iphones, they don't know they're born.

PS. It was revels.
Edited by: "[email protected]" 19th Nov 2014

haritori

I felt like loads sweets were a rare treat as a kid.When i was a kid i … I felt like loads sweets were a rare treat as a kid.When i was a kid i remember my sister coming home from school with some sweets from a birthday bag or something, well i went on a tantrum and my dad ended up buying me 50p worth of penny things that bag lasted me about a week lol..

My parents sent me and my sister to Sunday school, I was only about 6, and they used to give us £1 each week when we went. I was naive enough to trust my sister that the £1 we got was for sweets - each Sunday morning we'd load up, go to Sunday school, then go home and hide our stash in our bedrooms. One week though, my mum & dad took a spur of the moment decision to go visit my uncle & aunt in London, so after stuffing our pockets with sweets (and a quid could get you loads back then!), we were headed off to the church when my mum & dad rocked up in the car. Only then did I realise why my sister had insisted that the sweets should be hidden... the £1 was actually for the church donation box.

Whoops.

miikeyblue

My parents sent me and my sister to Sunday school, I was only about 6, … My parents sent me and my sister to Sunday school, I was only about 6, and they used to give us £1 each week when we went. I was naive enough to trust my sister that the £1 we got was for sweets - each Sunday morning we'd load up, go to Sunday school, then go home and hide our stash in our bedrooms. One week though, my mum & dad took a spur of the moment decision to go visit my uncle & aunt in London, so after stuffing our pockets with sweets (and a quid could get you loads back then!), we were headed off to the church when my mum & dad rocked up in the car. Only then did I realise why my sister had insisted that the sweets should be hidden... the £1 was actually for the church donation box.Whoops.

Brilliant! love it...

haritori

Brilliant! love it...

It was a very quiet journey. After the initial shouting. My dad then tucked into our sweets on the way.

miikeyblue

It was a very quiet journey. After the initial shouting. My dad then … It was a very quiet journey. After the initial shouting. My dad then tucked into our sweets on the way.

Its hilarious, it sounds just like me and my sister lol.

I remember relays they were great! And Texan bars and the milk tray bars. I miss them all :-( Does anyone remember Pacers? Minty chews like opal fruits but minty. And cool mints which felt cold
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades78
    2. Why Can't I Get BT Showcase on Freeview?22
    3. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    4. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77

See more discussions